Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes you can buy things over the counter but, you must take the pack with you that you are using now so, they will be able to give you exactly the same strength etc. I have got medicines on a few occasions but, they tend to give stronger more concentrated doses than we get here thats why I say take your original packets. Jacqui
Thanks for that Jacqui I will take the packets and it will also save me a few pounds. Excellent
They may not be able to give you the exact name ,but will give you the equivalent.

Bluepeterno1
when we were in icmeler there are a few chemists, and i had no trouble getting medicine, it was quite cheap aswell, but make sure you ask the price first...
some of the drugs here are advanced, in the uk there is a price restriction on doctors and the NHS..... here if you want it pay for it. So if your Doc can't prescribe something because it's too expensive then ask him the name and get it here.
I would echo Briars advice. I suffere from elevated blood presssure along with other things. I would not advise buying prescription medication in turkey unless I was absolutely sure of the source and also that it was identical not merely generic.
The chemists are excellent, and contain both a highly trained pharmacist and a trained nurse.

It is expensive to see a doctor so people usually go the chemist instead, as long as its not too serious.

I took my son who had a bad ear, we were given gentamicin ear drops which are strong antibiotics and only cost me roughly 80p, which is a bargain.

It works out cheaper and prescriptions.
Im confused as 2 years ago I got sinus trouble and went to 3 different pharmacys in Icmeler, each prescribed the same meds, i.e. anti biotics and a beachams type med.

Each chemist quoted me £20 for both items? Yet every one says Turkey is cheap for medications?
ask for the turkish equivalent!!! they tend to supply yabancis with the expensive names.... All medication is pre priced, they cannot charge more for the drugs than it says on the packet.
last year my lil boy got conjuntivitus in turkey so I was dreading a huge docs bill. We thought we'd try the chemist first and he was soooooo helpful. He gave us some drops (which at the time you couldn't get over the counter here). They were so good it cleared up in 12hrs... usually takes a few days at home even with prescribed stuff.

Best of all he only charged us 2ytl (78p) BARGAIN!! I had taken £100 with me thinking it was gunna cost loads. We gave him 10ytl anyway to say thanks and he kept trying to give us the change... how do they make money? When he eventually took his tip he was well chuffed, bless him. The drops are now available over the counter here but cost a damn site more!

love nikki xx
ask for the turkish equivalent!!! they tend to supply yabancis with the expensive names.... All medication is pre priced, they cannot charge more for the drugs than it says on the packet.

Cheers Kev thats good info :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.