Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks Perrydog for signing,

My Nan always said, never say "never"!

I am hoping, 8) that we will hit 1000 signatures by the end of the week, I am working hard at letting people know about it.

There are also a lot of others on this and other forums, passing the word around. So thank you all, keep up the good work. :wink:
hi from chick did the sighing . good job == jo2bean keep it going
:fly to turkey
Thanks Chick, and everyone else thats signing.

Its certainly keeping me busy at the moment. :D Still a long way to go, but every name added counts. This is only the beginning, still not done a complete week yet.
Count me in as long as it is nice and warm!

good luck.

wgipk.
Hi Briar

Thanks for signing, its keeping me busy, its hard keeping the momentum going, I have sending emails out in the hundreds!

I have little square eyes now from searching the internet. A lot of people are passing the link on, so everyone is doing their bit.

Any one with any suggestions, please let me know, they would be gratefully accepted.

Jo

http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=1644
Good on you Jo there is no harm in trying
We have now reached 1039, we hit the magic 1000 this afternoon.

Not bad in just over a week. :D

Now we just have to work to get the next 1000 in. Thanks everyone for signing and passing the link on for the petition.
just checked and my few recommendations that arent members on here have signed and 1 has apartment in turkey with lots of contacts so hopefully she will forward to others ,good luck
Thanks Ellie-Meg
Every signature that is added all adds up, we have posted this on several other forums aswell and sent out emails in their hundreds if not thousands, hopefully the word will spread, which it is, thanks to everyone.
I think it is so important to petition for charter flights in winter. the good news is that there is now a major hotel and golf course complex planned for sarigerme just outside dalaman, surely they have done market research for all year round tourism, and lets face it lots of keen golfers will also be interested, even amongst the ex pats! I have travelled frequently to dalaman during this winter and the planes have been full and it has been surprising how many house hunters there are! I know accomodation can be a problem in winter, which is why i will be doing luxury bed and breakfast near dalaman airport if you are in need of home comforts. There is a genuine need and desire to be able to spend time in ones second home during the mild winter months and we have found plenty to do! So come on sign the petition and pass on to everyone you can think of please. I remain commited and enthusiastic to this cause and urge you all to be pro-active.
Just an update for everyone

We are now on 1403 signatures. People are still signing everyday so thats excellent and if we keep passing the information on to others we will do well.

I have been promised the support of a few exhibitors that have stands in "A Place In The Sun Live" exhibition, which is being held in London on 1st, 2nd and 3rd April.

They will be collecting names and signatures so hopefully we will do well with that, and I think by running a written petition and an online petition side by side, we will do well.

Keep up the good work of passing the information on, well done to all of you for your signatures and support.
Just signed it, good luck
Is there an update on the petition ?
how many are you at now
We are now on 1627 signatures, they have slowed down a lot, so if people keep passing on the link then we will keep getting signatures. Also we are hopefully having names collected on a written petition. And when the season starts, I am hoping that others will collect written signatures in the different resorts of Turkey.

Its still early days, but we are still working at it.

Jo
Is there a standard written petition you are using, if there is email it to me, i am happy to put in reception of our apartment then if guests would like to sign they can. Just need to give me instructions on what to do with it at end of season.

tokmak
I have just signed the petition, think it is definately for a good cause! I am renting an apartment in icmeler and would like to think that a flight home at christmas and if ever there was an emergency, would be easy to come by.
the chances of chartered winter flights to turkey are slim to none!!!
this will never happen as it just wouldnt sell. the weathers too bad in winter and not enough people would want to travel. if they did offer this service it probably would cost too much so people wouldnt go so there. thomas cook do go to turkey in winter they fly to antalya from mid march time.
I do not agree with your comments Travel Advisor, I do think there is a demand, and judging by the amount of signatures I am not the only one that believes there is.

As to flights to Antalya from Mid march, I believe they fly there all winter, and the weather is not much different from the Dalaman and Bodrum areas. Yes it can rain, but hey, they send people on holiday to Florida during hurricane season so whats a bit of rain in Turkey. I went to Zante for 2 weeks in August and it rained EVERY single day.

Though in 2 weeks during Dec to Jan I only had two days of rain while I was out there, and friends of mine were swimming in the sea on 29th December.

I think time will tell, I am not expecting miracles or things to change overnight, I still think that Turkey has a lot to offer all year round.
TA Thomas cook fly all year round to Antalya.

I suggest that you do not try to comment on what you do not know about otherwise people will realise that you cannot really advise on anything.

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.