Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The chances of a British airline (or Turkish) starting a winter service to Turkey holiday resorts is very slim. I admire you for trying, but economics will prevail. Most people head off to the Canaries etc over the winter months for guaranteed warmer weather. Unless they can fill aircraft on a regular basis (even if its only one return flight per week), then chances are they wouldn't entertain it. There are far more profitable routes at that time of year. If the market was their, then I'm sure an airline would be willing to fill the void.

Darren
Well it costs nothing to try, and as they say nothing ventured nothing gained
Hey good on yer jo,
How come KTHY, thy and several german companies find it profitable to fly here during winter . Whenever i've come over in the winter the fares are high, even last minute. This is because demand is there. Dazbo, i think you are confusing holidays with expats and owners abroad. ( maybe I'm in the wrong forum!!!) but there are thousands of people who now own property here and would like to escape 0 c for 13 c . Go for it Jo and any others reading this. :gluck
I know what you mean chelsea boy about expats etc, but British opperators mainly cater for the holiday market (I'm not including BA etc in this). Currently, there is little market for holidays in Turkey during the winter months. If the demand was their and a profit was to be made, then I'm sure airlines would seriously consider winter schedules. Bear in mind that British airlines run extra services to places like the Canaries during the winter month and may not have the capacity to put on extra flights to less profitable destination. They are going to service routes which are most profitable first. I may be wrong, but business is business. I hope the petition goes well and who knows, an airline may take this up and start a service.

Good luck,

Darren
Germany has a massive Turkish ex-pat comunity, which probably makes year-rond flights profitable.

No British operator is going to run regular flights unless they're pretty sure they can sell the majority of seats every trip.
Get on there Jo :D Agree with you totally, if you dont try...
People holidayed in Rhyl and Towyn in the summer years ago from the North West and it was only open summer season.

Funny how that changed when everyone bought property there.

Even Frith is open now.

Supply and demand.

John
Well said John

I know you have a lot of contacts. :)

If you could pass on the information and the address of the link it would be very much appreciated. I am trying to contact as many people as possible. The more names we have the more weight this petition will carry.

So your support would be very much appreciated.

Jo
It's in their briarskeg and the flights section.

I guess the proof will be in the puddin, enough sigs equals bums on seats as far as I'm concerned and if we don't try we don't succeed do we?
Thanks everyone that has signed the petition so far.

Keep up the good work and pass the information on to others, we are up to 175 signatures so far, which is not bad in 24 hours.

But that is only the tip of the iceberg. Keep them coming in.

Thanks

Jo
This post needs to become a sticky otherwise it will go off the page in two days,then other than keep bumping it (against the rules) it will dissapear
for ever into the depths of past posts.

Gene
This post needs to become a sticky otherwise it will go off the page in two days,then other than keep bumping it (against the rules) it will dissapear
for ever into the depths of past posts.

Gene
I will contact the Admin team and see if they can make it a sticky, as you have so rightly said Gene, it will disappear off the board.

Jo
Thanks Briar

I just dont want to get into trouble if I keep posting on this subject to keep it on the first page.

Jo
Thanks Briar, very much appreciated :D
ive added my name as it think this is a good idea having travelled winter over new year and again going this month and experienced the lack of flights and prices, even if there was 1 a week would help
Upto nearly 400 and still going... Well done Jo :lol:
Brilliant Idea Jo, am just going to go sign now, hope it works! :-D
C xxx

Well done everyone keep those signatures coming in and send me any suggestions as to who else to email. My pc is on overtime at the moment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.