Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Petra, Lesvos
5 Posts
There is the Women's collective upstairs from the square near the front, very good food. Our favourite is a 10min walk towards Anaxos (you can go via the path just off the beach in Petra and along the shore to reach it). Called the Avlaki Taverna, beautiful spot and right on its own small beach, there is another very good one right next to it but I cannot recall the name.
We stayed in Petra a couple of years ago in June and LOVED it.

It was one of the most 'Greek' resorts we've ever stayed in.
We didn't see ANY bars showing Sky Sports (yippee :tup ) in fact most of the places we ate in were playing Greek bouzouki music.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of our favourite restaurant - it was in the town (we stayed at Hotel Panorama which was lovely), on the sea front.

You'll find it much quieter than Molyvos, I hope you enjoy it.
Hi

When we stayed in Petra we found it best to book at the Women's Collective to be sure of a table especially if you wanted one on the small verandahs outside to watch the sunset etc but I am not sure if you can still do this.
Try the Lucky Horseshoe located on the main seafront road. It sounds very English but dont be put off, its an excellent Greek taverna. Its run by Takis & Youla a great couple and the fish here is excellent. Its very popular so not always easy to get a table.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.