Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
have a look at our reviews here
hi my husband and I are going to stay at the phoenix park on 16th march this year along with quite a big party. i really would like a good quality room the ones in some photos look avaerage and the others look really plush.. i also want a pool view... can anyone recommend 1 that i can get reserved for when i arrive? also if any one aged20-30 gunna be there AT SAME TIME.. AND WANT TO GET IN TOUCH
all the rooms are the same there, room 3101 is my fav room, if you want to meet HTers there is a meet up lazy days thread on here.
PLUSH?
Rooms are quite nice, clean and comfy,,,,BUT PLUSH!
Not plush by our standards but I doubt that you will be dissapointed with them.
Can't remember what room we were in but it was in the block with Geoffreys restaurant underneath and we had a "part pool view
In fact I don't think that the way it is laid out that any room except the front above reception has a full pool view.
The block behind the one with Geoffreys has NO view that I can recall.
I e-mailed them last year to ask for a quiet room and was happy with the one we got
did you get your pics from the brochure, if so try this link

http://www.sarovarhotels.com/Hotel/gallery1.asp?id=88&HotelCode=00000006&cityname=Goa&tariff=
del949
Have a look at our reviews here
well were booked into the Phoenix Park again but cant get there till March so a long long wait but a least its booked now and as usual counting down the days wishing our lives away
Paul and Anne
Hi paul and anne. We are staying at the phoenix park in November, it will be our first time there, but i get the impressions reading your post that youve stayed there before? I am looking forward to it but dont really know what to expect. To be honest we just wanted to try a different hotel (well I did if the truth be known!) :lol:
Hi Gemma
yes we stayed at Phoenix and can really recommend it, rooms are better than weve previously had which includes the Highland Beach If you dont mind not having a balcony then ask for a room above reception these are more modern and nicely set out. All rooms have air cond included. Any more questions dont hesitate to ask.
Paul and Anne
Thanks thats great. However we do prefer a balcony. After a long hard shift at the beach all day :wink: I like to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine while the sun is setting :D
I was looking at the photos in the gallery and it looks like some of the rooms overlooking the pool have a balcony? I will email them before we go and put in a request, hopefully that should do the trick.
paul,
when in March are you going?
We go march 6th ex manchester for 2 weeks.
Maybe see you there :D
del949
Hi Del were there 27th March so just catch you for the last few days we will have a drink at the bar we also love to visit Pete at the the Countryside pub above the chinese on the beach road. You will notice me im the guy with an unusual skin disorder hahaaha once seen you will know what im sayin.

Paul and Anne
Sorry, we will be back home by the time you go, we come back on the 20th (or thereabouts).
I will try to leave some kingfisher for you!! :lol:

del949
Hi Del
thats such a shame(maybe next year) if you know the countryside pub leave one in the pump for me hahaha and say its for Paul from Manchester he has a great memory for names. Tell him its for the guy who was going to throw an a...sole offf his roof last year hahaha

Paul and Anne
is a a...sole some kind of local fish?
as in dover sole perhaps ?
why would you want to throw a fish off his roof?

only joking :lol:

del949
Sorry Gemma but you aint gonna see the sunset from any balcony at Phoenix Park

A very nice hotel by the way (I and others have posted reports at the top of the page for you to look at) but unfortunately it is in a built up area and the buildings are surrounded by very high palm trees as well.

So it's the shacks on the beach if you want to see the sunsets. But you can get a nice balcony view overlooking the pool area if you try. You may have to get that through who you have booked with or might be able to get it when you get there. A tip - get the taxi from the airport and you should beat your fellow inmates - I mean room mates.

McGroogle 8)
Hi McGroogle thanks for the reply. Will just need to settle for some kind of balcony/view. As long as I have a balcony I dont mind. A room with no balcony is unthinkable :shock:
We went on the bus from the airport the first time we visited Goa but not again. I text our taxi driver before we went this year and he was there waiting for us.
I will email the phoenix park before we go. i did that this year with the marinha dourada to request a room in a certain location and it was no problem
Hi Ya

Im new to all this computer stuff!!

Ive booked up for xmas'2006 at the Phoenix Park and I would love to know where about in Candolim it is situated, as I normally stop at the Marinha Dourada, Arpora the past 3 xmas's and I have stopped at the Highland Beach twice as well.

Mnay Thanks Dawn :)
Hi Dawn

I've stayed at the Highland Beach three times, but thought it was time for a change! Stayed at the Phoenix Park in Feb this year, I prfer it to the Highland, its smaller, and the staff are very friendly. Its on the same side of the road as the Highland, but about 200 yards further down, heading towards the Taj
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.