EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Are you sure that this number rang from Turkey as it seems like a glasgow number to me.
I also thought this at one stage, so tried it with 0141 as the prefix but it is not recognized. I think also that the person said they were phoning from Turkey. I know if its important enough they will phone back, but I'm just really intrigued now! Thanks anyway Mibut
0090 is the code for the whole of Turkey. Then you need the area code, for example Antalya code is 0242. You do the same as in the UK, miss out the 0 from the local code. 0090 242???????? for Antalya.

Cannot find 141 but i will keep looking.
001 is USA/Canada...
:?: :?: :?:
Edit: Just thought. When my brother calls me, my phone comes up +1403 and he is in Calgary, Canada. Need the next digit to nail it.

Edit again (sorry): +1416 is Ontario (Toronto area) or +1418 is Quebec (Quebec and Eastern Quebec)

Ady
I would not have thought you need to put in an area code if you are phoneing a mobile in Turkey all you would need if the number is correct is 0090 followed by the mobile number, unless they run a different system to the rest of Europe.
Thanks everyone. A1gjv -Its not actually a mobile no. I was called on my mobile from a landline. I haven't really got any further with it, so I will have to live with not ever knowing who it was or what they wanted to say. I know our apartment is still standing as I heard from our agents in connection with something else yesterday, so I can be grateful for that!
Alfie,

If I had read your post right in the first place I would have seen that the call was received on your mobile.

My fault what they call lack of consentration I put my dunce hat back on and stand in the corner.

Hope you get it sorted though.

Regards
a1gjv
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.