Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
you are probably best to use a phone card for both to be honest. money seems to go further that way. you can buy phone cards almost everywhere.
i am also on vodafone and it can be very expensive to make and receive calls in Turkey and the cost depends which package you are on. have a look at http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=templateBlank&pageID=OS_0098 for more details and you will find out the exact cost.

if you wish to go down the Turkish SIM route, you have to visit a phone shop with your passport and get them to unblock your phone first - not too sure of the costs involved in this
A phone card from a phone box is the cheapest way to make phone calls. You could get a Turksih sim card but as Scots says you have to register the phone to be able to use it or your phone will get locked. It doens't cost anything to do but it will still be cheaper to use a phone card.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.