America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Phoning home
5 Posts
If you are intending using your mobile it has to be a tri or quadband one.
Check on the website of your service provider as calls are quite expensive from the US. I think Orange are £1.30/min for voice calls and around 70p for a text. You also pay to receive calls.

The cheapest way to call home is to get a phone card from Walgreen's or CVS and use a call box. Also, as Judith said, your phone needs to be triband or quadband.

If you have already used it in Europe it will already be set up for International roaming.

luci :wave
when ive been to USA i only use my mobile if i really have to,we get a phone card which costs about $10 and it lasts the whole holiday theres plenty of phone boxes to use it and it really is the best way to call home,with the time change of 8 hrs as well you have to call on the dinnertime at vegas to speak to people here on a evening..have a great trip..
Thanks for the info.

Hubbie got hospital appt while away so need to check how got on.

Must try and remember the time difference as could be in trouble ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.