Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
PHONING INDIA
18 Posts
Can you phone a mobile number in goa using your mobile, and get the 1p per minute rate, or do you have to phone from a landline.
hiya, i phoned india using my mobile and it was 1p a minute, its handy for family to keep in touch while we are in india, i will try it when i am there to see if it works ringing the uk
Hi would you still get the 1p rate if you rang a goan mobile number. Thanks
Hi All...

The latest rates can be found here (best offers of the bunch) - currently 1p per min to a indian mobile

http://www.childrenwalkingtall.com/Volunteer-Goa.htm

I'm updating them every week as they do change frequently....
tried phoning an indian mobile from my mobile in the uk using the telesavers number and was told the number i was ringing was too long ? has anyone done this and got through please ? :(
i wouldnt use your mobile to call India as its expensive with the one said here. I have a Lebara sim card and can call India for 4p a minute from my mobile . Text are 10p each and i use it in Goa till i get my sim topped up as a text then is 30p.
  • Edited by imho 2008-11-24 07:42:23
I always use the International Call Checker on Martin Lewis's website (moneysavingexpert.com) - it gives you the best prices for mobiles and landlines.
I use it for India, Sweden and Australia - it's always very cheap

regards

Paul
thanks for the advice i have also tried using my land line i rang the telesavers number and then proceeded to dial 0091 then the indian mobile number but it just keeps telling me the number is too long
has any one else got through to an indian mobile using telesavers please ? :(
I received calls using most of these numbers so perhaps your mobile number is wrong?? it should be something like

00 91 1234 567 890

4 international digits then 10 mobile phone digits

I think my dear mum is using the 1.5p per minute option... (But never had any problem with any of them)...
thanks for all the advice i have finally got through to my o/h in goa i lost patience and dialed the number more quickly and it worked wow what a saving thanks again i can ring him every day now im sure he will be pleased anita woody ;)
hi
Are you all sure its only 1p to phone india,you may also have to pay for the 0844861 access number these are premium rate numbers! also if you make a call from the uk to a uk mobile in india they have to pay to receive the call!
My family have used the service lots and never had a problem over charging... Reminds me - I should really phone my mum! :)

Hope this helps
:(
Right can someone please confirm which telephone number i need to use. and i need to be able to ring home every day when i am there so which number do i use for that and will it be cheap as well. As i need to give this to my family to ring me with up dates.

Sorry for being a pain
Pip
x
To phone from the uk dial 08448612525 this connects you to the Telesavers Indian access number, then dial the number you want, this will cost the person making the call in the uk 1p a min,see the info at http://www.telesavers.co.uk/accessnumbers.php

If the phone they are calling to in India is a UK mobile ie (your mobile) it will cost you 1pound yes 1 pound a min to receive the call. this is based on orange but I think its the same for all the uk networks, to call an indian landline there would be no charge other that the 1p mentioned above. to use your mobile to phone home would cost 1pound 75p a min, to use your mobile abroard it needs to be set up before you go and I dont think you can use a pay as you go phone only pay monthly! So unless you have loads of money dont use your mobile in india!!! :( use a local phone there are lots of them or a call cabin

ps texts cost 40p from india to the uk and 20p from the uk to india. hope this helps
Thank you silentman i did have a indian Sim card but it as stopped working and it should be for live. :cry

Pip

X
Same thing happened to me Walks, but I bought another one when I was there the other week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.