Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Errm, its near Pissouri :wink:

About halfway between Limassol and Paphos, check it out here

http://www.durmast.com/pages/pibeach.html

Ady
hiya, heres another addy to let you see Pissouri http://www.christinas-gallery-pissouri.com It's a lovely place.

Helen xx

P.S don't know how to put addy in as a link.........sorry
Pissouri is as posted half way from Pafos and Limassol, but the drive to the resort is a good way off the road to both of these towns, it is a little isolated but does have some bars and a few taverna's, good beach sandy, but the sea water stays very cold all year for some reason, also do wear beach shoes as they have Stone Fish in that area of the coast and a sting from them is like being shot!! be warned...I am sure you would enjoy your stay there providing you have transport, the village on the hill behind has some great late opening bars, look out for the British Squadies from the near by base who use them though, they do get a little rowdy at times, but it always remains a fun village...steep drive up though...don't drink and drive back, or you just may not make it!!
Do try the two Tavernas at each end of the very long beach, both do the best home made steak pies in Cyprus, and big fat chips too...just the job when you need real grub.. :P

Jim
That resort is close to Paphos, L :D arnaca is the opposite direction. Next closest large town is Limassol, Cyprus Lovely!! we were there from 18/12/04 to 01/011/05 weather was brilliant 72+ deg
Actually Pissouri is geographically closer to Limassol than Pafos...and less driving ..

Larnaca is as far again from Limassol ...

Jim..lovely day here...
Pissouri Bay is the ideal spot for a holiday in Cyprus. Smack bang between Paphos and Limmasol.

Our Villa was superb, the restaurants are fantastic. We went to Paphos a few times but found it very expensive compared to where we were.

Beautiful Pissouri village is just up the hill so lots of options.

Everyone was great especially Pelos, who runs some of the taxi owners.

One restaurant Liminaki, I think, is contemporary but at normal prices.

All in all it is an excellent location with great people.

:)
Thanks Aud Quatt, that's a great wee report :lol:

I've looked at the accommodation in Pissouri and it's fabulous! We'll be

having a visit there when we're over next week as we will only be about

20mins away. Liked the bit about cheaper to eat :lol:

Did you find a good place for a meze? Were all the retaurants in the

village? I use a wheelchair so how easy would it be to get around?

Sorry about all the questions but I really want to go there :lol:

Helenxx
Hi Helen, Charnwood Fox Mark again.

Have you seen this site? Exclusively Cyprus - Pissouri

The village is quite hilly, so you will not have easy access to much of it.
The Bay area is quite flat.

Mark
Hi again Mark, we need to stop meeting like this :rofl

Great site that one; I thought it might be a bit hilly :(

I've been doing a lot of looking on THIS SITE.

I still think the place looks gorgeous :lol: Hubby will just need to push

a lot harder :lol:

Helenxx
Hubby will just need to push a lot harder ( :oops: )

Nice one!

Mark
Hi Blubabe,

Pissouri Bay would be ideal for you, flat, unless going to the beach, easy access to restaurants. There are about 8 restaurants. We had a fish meze and a mixed one. As mentioned, the Limanaki, is superb, the Artemis and the Yialos fish tavern.

If you are looking for a villa, I can give you details of aluxury 3 bed in the best position. You will not regret it.

The village is lovely but there is enough choice in the Bay resort. One last thing, check out the Columbia Bay Hotel at the edge of the bay for a nice drink in exquisite surroundings.

:D
Thanks for your report. I'm getting married at the Columbia Beach Resort in Pissouri in 3 weeks and I can't wait...!
Hi everyone, please could anyone advise me where to go in Pissouri or nearby for eating out, night time, etc it is my first time staying in pissouri, been to Paphos twice now so fancied a change
many thanks furball. :)
If you are talking about the beach area you don't have too much choice really, there are a few tavernas and cafe's, the near by Hotel has a nice restaurant, the village of Pissouri a good ten minutes drive from the beach area, also has some decent tavernas and a couple of good bar's, nearby Pissouri quay have a Tavena at both ends of the beach, both serve nice food for the Brits because of the base's, Pissouri is a British Sovereign base area, just in case you were unaware of this fact, so you will meet many British service men & women while staying there..

A nice resort one of my favourite trips from my home in Pafos, but do not expect lively nightlife as it is a quiet resort..

This is a bar in Pissouri village, great at night and it is lively..

http://www.move-to-cyprus.com/images/Pissou4a.jpg
  • Edited by jimbox 2006-03-11 16:37:16
Not being a night owl I can't help you with nightlife, but food is my forte.
These I can recomend from personal experience

Village - in order of personal preference:
The Hideaway is excellent. Just off the Square. Access down an awkward set of steps
The Vrakas Tavern, pretty good. In the Square.
The Two Friends, good.

Beach:
Perry's. Very good.

Avdimou Beach:
Kyrenia Beach Restaurant. Excellent. Try the fish pie.

An excellent source of information on Pissouri; click here

We are there for a week in September. Can't wait!

Mark
Thank you, for all your information, we are staying at a friends apartment they have had built there, i can see the beach in the distance on the photos, but i would say you would have to drive there would be too far indeed to walk!
We will definatly be trying some of those restaurants out, it sounds very nice!
can anyone recommend a good car hire place as we definatly would need a car to get about.
many thanks...furball. x :lol:
Car hire - Petsas & Sons. Email for a quote. Usually cheaper than the website price. I've been using them for 5 years. No complaints.

Mark

PS: The red umbrellas in Jim's picture are, I'm certain, The Vrakas Tavern, in the Square.
thank you i will look that car hire up.
:) kind regards furball
Hi

I got married in Pissouri and it's a lovely place.
There's a few tavernas in Pissouri Bay (Beach area). My favourite was Liminaki, they do delicious food. Another one is Perry's, but in my opinion Liminaki's cuisine is far superior.

Pissouri village is a ten minute drive away by car.
I would recommend hiring a car while you are there as Pissouri is off the beaten track and there is no public transport. Taxis to Paphos and Limassol can be quite expensive from Pissouri.
Another poster mentioned British servicemen. I was in Pissouri Bay for 2 weeks and didn't see any. Maybe there's some in Pissouri village, I only went there once.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.