France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Last twice we have gone down that way we broke the journey at Valance. There is an ETAP hotel literally 30 seconds off the motorway and then it is a short 5 minute walk into the town centre. We ate both times at a lovely street restaurant in the Place de Napoleon.

If you get an early start from Zeebrugge then you could make Valance by about 5pm (proably not on a saturday).
Have you thought of Keycamps, they have sites in the Languedoc as a destination, plus others en route you could stop at? In addition, put together a package with the Hull-Zeebrugge ferry and you'll be surprised how reasonable they are.

We've been regular travellers with them since 2004. Twice this year, and going back for three weeks next June for our first holiday of the year.

Peter

Edit - missed off a - LINK
Usually though 1 night stops with these camping firms can be expensive. The budget hotels usually sleep 3 to a room (the kid in a bunk over the double bed) and you can get B&B for less than £40 a night.
Might I suggest that you use http://www.viamichelin.fr to plan a route from Zeebrugge to Argeles and then see where you might want to stop, based on the hours driven! You could then contact the Tourist Office of that town/area - most of their websites have details of accommodation in the locality.

Budget hotel chains you might like to consider include Formule1 (no en-suite facilities), Etap (with en suite facilities in the room), Ibis, Campanile, Fasthotel, MrBed, and then if your budget would stretch so far, to Mercure hotels or if you fancy a real rest with a swim in the hotel pool, Novotel. F1, Etap, Mercure and Novotel are all part of http://www.accorhotels.fr.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.