EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I would suggest you contact your local town hall as there are many local bylaws and things like that which might mean you do not need planning permission or you could need it.

As a rough guide I would think that privided you are not adding to you property, which looks like you are not then planning permission is not needed, but as I say ask first.
thanks for the reply, most of the work will be internal so ill maybe not bother, but may have to do some work on roof so ill enquire with them about that.
thanks for the reply, most of the work will be internal so ill maybe not bother, but may have to do some work on roof so ill enquire with them about that.

Even though a lot of the work is internal I would still be inclined to make enquires, you dont have to tell them you are going to do the work but just looking at the possibility, because I would hate for you to do all the work only to be told you have to rip it all out and put it back as it was.
You do need a building licence for internal work as well as external.
You do need a building licence for internal work as well as external.

Yes that is very true sorry I forgot about that one, thanks for the reminder Beachcomber.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.