Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hi sarah
we have been to the continental this year and had a great time(read my review) yes the sun is on the pool all day,but the beach is very nice too,only a 5 min stroll
sorry cant help you with the horse riding,a bit passed that now, didnt see any,i am sure you will find some in the area,all the best
you will have a great time

jeppo :)
Thanks Jeppo, I have just read your review and it does sound great. I was a bit concerned as all the photos you see of the continental show the pool area in shade and it didn't look very big at all. I usually like the freeform pools which are larger, but as long as the sun is on it and there is a kids pool, that is all that matters really.

Sarah :)
I am trying to find out the name of a restaurant in Playa de Muro. We visited this restaurant in 1999 many times but cannot remember name. We called it the parrot restaurant as they had a couple of parrots that you could go and touch. Also they did the most fantastic kebabs on an upright skewer. Also it was on the main street through the town on the left hand side and on a corner. Got some friends going next month and want to tell them the name. Help :?
The restaurant could be the Oasis - not sure though. There is also an excellent one just past the pharmacy called El Patio down a side street. Another good one is Boy Grill on the opposite side of the road (beach side). Hope your friend has a good time.
Many thanks your reply.

The Oasis does ring a bell. Anyway they will just have to try them all and see if they can find it.

:)
We're off to playa garden apts on Tuesday and have never been to Majorca before.We usually stick to Cyprus or Greece but got a great last min deal.Can anyone give us any tips on things to do both during the day and early evening please?We realise that with a 17 month old we won't be out all night but are there places you can relax with toddlers for an early evening drink after dinner?Plus are there any daytrips suitable for children of this age?
Any waterparks etc we should know about?Any advice much appreciated.TIA x
yes there are plenty of places in playa de muro, to relax with your youngster at night cant remember names of all the bars, but cheers bar was good for the kids,dont know were your apps are exactly,but if you go by the continental park hotel,over the bridge cheers bar is straight ahead.
there is a water park in alcudia itself,but we went to the western water park and to the marineland and aqua water park in magaluff which is a good day out. the beach is very good in playa to,just right for kids of all ages,soft sand and you can go out a long way in the sea with it just up to your knees. We too love greece but would definately go back there. have a good holiday
jeppo :) :)
Hi!!

We went to Playa Garden for two years running, 2002 and 2003. Our kids were 4 & 2 the first year we went. We loved it there and the pool is great for children. They were happy all day by the pool and the beach is only 100yrds away if you want a change.

Although there are a few restaurants outside the apartments you would have to go on the bus to get anywhere a bit livelier. The buses are fairly regular and cheap and the bus stop is right outside.

Have to say that we spent most of our time at the apartments as there was a children's disco every night and good entertainment.

Hope you have a great time!!

Lins :wave
we go on saturday !!! yay

was wondering what palya muro is like ? i'm hoping its not too noisy and busy ? :? - i guess alcudia will be ?
is the beach nice at playa muro ? ok for kids ?
is there a good supermarket ?
we are staying at alcudia viva

thanks so much
Hi spadge. We stayed at Prinsotel La Dorada last year in Playa Muro which was fantastic. We took the bus into Alcudia and also into C an Picafort (opposite direction). The beach was lovely. The resort itself is not noisy (we were there in August). Plenty of restaurants, bars and shops. There is a large supermarket which we saw when we were on the bus one day but you would probably need a car for that. There are lots of Spar shops dotted about for everyday provisions. Enjoy your holiday. :)
Like Pam says, Playa de Muro is sort of an up market suburb of Alcudia - buses run very regularly from Can Picafort right through Alcudia to Peurto Pollensa, and are very reasonable.

It is quiet (in a nice way) and there is a selection of restaurants and bars in the area. It is a beautiful area, and of course all the beach activities are going on!!! There is a wildlife sanctury right on your doorstep.

Alcudia centre is of course more bustling, but it is still a very pleasant resort, and there is a wider selection of everything. Make sure you take the bus to Can Picafort and Peurto Pollensa as well as Alcudia centre, as they are both beautiful resorts. 8) 8)

Have a lovely holiday
Hi There, We stayed at Lagotel a couple of years ago in playa de muro and found it quite a nice walk down the beach to Alcudia. There is a main road which runs parallel to the beach with a few bars and shops along it. Its not very far to walk down to Bellevue but a bit harder coming back if you have hit a few bars :wink:
hi there
can anyone tell me what good places to take the kids when we go to playa de muro we are staying at las giaviatos i have spelt that wrong ha ha can anyone tell me if this hotel is close to the lagotel i stayed here last year but only got as far as the cheers bar which was great but would like to try somwhere different this time thanks
Just wondering has anyone stayed at this end of Alcudia and if so is it very quiet. Also is there any big supermarket in the area.
Hello Waterford :)
yes we have stayed at Playa de Muro at the Lagotel. It was a nice place to stay- not too quiet but just right really. It has quite a few shops here, and places to eat.
A really nice place to eat is called "Cheers" which also offers good entertainment.
Also a nice English pub down towards the beach is worth a visit- cannot remember the name of it though.
There are quite a few Spar shops around too, with a good selection of food and drink.
Alcudia is about a 10min drive.
Lovely beach, from which you can actually walk to Alcudia.
Where were you thinking of staying?
We are going to the Lagotel in July.
Well you will have a lovely time too :lol
Spar only 5 min away from the Hotel. Think that English bar on beach is called "The Swan"
Enjoy
xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.