Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
hey daz, i have researched up on what you ask and apparently the nearest nudist beach to playa d'en bossa is Es Cavallet which is 6km from Playa d'en Bossa, hope this helps :D
Been to Playa Den Bossa for last 2 years and cant say ive ever seen a nudist beach!! :?

Could of been me on my birthday though after all that sangria going skinny dipping. :wink:
Es Cavallet is an excellent beach and yes it is clothing optional. I prefer the nudist beaches on Formentera though they tend to be less crowded during the summer. I plan on going to the nudist beach up near Cala Longa this summer though.

Marc
thanx. how far r they on bike? is there more than 1?

*please do not post in phone text check T&C Briar
Hi dazlee,
If your talking about the nudist beaches on Formentera then the two best ones (and only real official ones, you can bathe nude on most beaches excpet the one at Es Pujols) are within walking distance of La Savina port (where most of the boats dock). You can reach both via the road that leads out towards Es Pujols and runs past the old salt flat Es Pudent, just hang a left at the fork in the road past the kids play park.

Though the easiest way to get there on foot or if you hire a bike from the marina is to head across the marina itself, past the scuba shop, and then take the dirt road that goes off to the left and follows the coast. This leads to Platja Illetes which is one of the larger of the two nudist/clothing optional beaches. Platja Illetes starts off as a rocky beach with lots of secluded places to bathe that lie at the side of the sea, and nude bathing here is popular, this is known as Es Cavall.

There is one restaurant that is expensive but has some stunning local food. Following the path further along you will come to the wildlife sanctuary of Ses Salines National Park with signposts everywhere in many languages to tell you about the area and not to pick flowers, feed wildlife, etc. Off to the left again from the dirt road you will see that the rocky outcrops of Es Cavall will now slowly begin to give way to an area covered with dried seaweed, this is the start of Platja Illetes the longest of the two nudist beaches. Platja Illetes is around half a mile or so in length and the waters here are very shallow allowing you to go out for around twenty yards or so before the water becomes to deep to stand, but be careful as sometimes there are dips and drops that can catch you by surprise!

The lower end of Platja Illetes is very popular with young Ibiencos and a lot of them play football and volleyball there at weekends which is great fun to watch and maybe even join in. Further up the beach it bends to the left and leads to another rocky area and up to another expensive restaurant. There is a beach bar just off the beach that is quite cheap but be warned don't go into it naked as you wont get served, cover up first to save on embarrassment.

If you can walk during the heat of the day you can follow the beach all the way around and go to the other nudist beach Platja Llevant. This beach is often empty and the sea here is much rougher with lots of surf breaking against the shore. Be careful here as riptides can be deadly and there are a lot of rocks under the water. There is another beach bar here that is again fairly expensive but does offer drinks and food, again cover up before you go there.

All in all you can get to Platja Illetes in around 10 minutes from the marina, and reach Platja Llevant in around 30-40 due to the heat and walking on sand.

If you need any more help then please just mail or pm me.

Marc
thanx alot mark. i will print that. so r they basically at Formentera? thanx. Daz
Hi Daz,
No problem only too happy to help. There are a few nudist beaches on Ibiza itself and some very secluded areas where you can bathe nude, but look out for signs that have a person with a cross through them this means no nude bathing and could be costly if your caught.

As I said in my last post if you need any more info please mail me or pm me :D

Marc
Hi.
looking to go to PDB next year, does any one know what part of PDB beach is nudist, thanks
You can walk to Es cavallet either along the coast (which is a bit rugged) or walking along the road that goes towards the airport. When you get to the Hippodrome island take the left fork and not the airport road. This takes you down the back of the airport toward the Salines. The nudist beach is before the Salines. There used to be a camel farm and a dolphinarium down that way as well. Not been for a while.
partyseeker wrote:
Hi.
looking to go to PDB next year, does any one know what part of PDB beach is nudist, thanks

As far as I know none of PdB beach is nudist. However it is a very long beach and things may have changed down the far end.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.