Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
playa den bossa
17 Posts
HI.I went to playa den bossa the 2nd of may this year.it was extreemely quiet.nothing open for the first 3 days.
most bars had been open before we went home.wasnt anything to mad.we stayed at the ebano apts in playas den bossa which were excellent.
a lovely resort but not to much going on.
returning to ibiza next week but going to san an.
Hi Anjy

We've been to Playa den Bossa 4 out of the last 5 years,most recently late May this year.Party of 4 adults and 3 boys,2x14 and 1x11.We always stay at Club Bahamas,there is a lovely sandy beach just outside the grounds,a waterpark about 10 mins walk away and buses every few mins into Ibiza town.We booked for next year 4 days after we got back.If you want any info,just ask.
book it .it;s not like you think full of clubbers like san an is.a lot more familys stay here than anywhere esle.ok you see the younger ones at bora bora beach bar and when space is open.but they are no trouble at all.not just full of brits this resort as well.from all over the world.nice flat resort.

look at palm beach/don toni/ or Club Bahamas.all very nice to stay in.out of the way as well.so if you what to party it up say or have a nice walk round odd few drinks.eat out.this resort has it all.

your not far from it all really staying in either one of these places.if s/c sal rossa is spot on.cheap clean good staff right on beach.great food.ok you don;t get games in day or night.nice place to chill out and relax.

pdb as a bowling alley full of games ect.waterpark on your doorstep.fun bars like big ben.disco bars/bingo bars sports bars/ and really cheap bars.good bus service to ibizatown.

pdb as it all.its up to you to find it and enjoy it.what ever you do on your hols.

pdb just not really get going till around the 6/7/8 of june.still gets very hot even late may.don;t forget its cheaper in may than june.so you could try late may till early june like i do
thanks for that looking to goabout 20 june we like somewhere with anice pool during day then we go for a meal ,take kids to arcades then to a bar or back to hotel for a drink . been alcudia this year and kids enjoyed it and if kids are happy we are happy :cheers
Hi Anjy,we stayed in playa den bossa end of june a couple of years ago.No problems at all,in fact it was one of our best family hols to date!stayed at the don toni,my kids were 5,and 14 at the time,thinking of going again next year!
Just back from San Antonio Bay and we paid a visit to PDB waterpark. What a rip off. Cost us 27 euros each way for the taxi, 18 euros for adults and 10 euros for kids. It's the smallest waterpark I've ever been to and a few of the the slides were closed so consequently the queues for the ones that were open were huge. The queue for food was unbelievable. As for PDB can't really comment but when we came out of the waterpark and decided to go on the beach,we were horrified to be asked for 9 euros for a sunbed :yikes . I'm sure there must be nice resorts in Ibiza but PDB and San Antonio were, IMHO, awful.
should of got the bus a lot cheaper.plus you must of hit the higher end of the sunbeds.9 just for bed.its only 4/5 you had parasol as well.if they had white covers on beds you hit the wrong ones.they are not cheap
The reason we got a taxi was because we were told we had to get the water taxi over to San Antonio, then a bus to Ibiza town,then another to PDB, so we figured we wouldn't be saving too much plus a taxi was less hassle :D
i know what you mean but it would have been a dam site cheaper and you would of seen more of the island,sorry to hear you had a bad time.aug is a mad month to go.i stopped going in july/aig because of thiis.no beds.bars full.buses packed to roof.and its too hot.
Hi Woody. Don't get me wrong, we had a good time; there was 10 of us so we made our own fun :rofl
yes like me if you don;t like a place,its the people who make it.saying that i would go back to zante.but not with the two people i went with.all they wanted to do was sunbath and sleep.not much fun at night either,two drinks and they was off to bed.once you get used to a place its hard to change.mine you i still go to benidorm for 3 days in feb.at least you did not have to work or wash pots and do housework.

a break does you good no matter how bad it is.
Just back from Figueretas but popped into PDB a couple of times, mainly keeping an eye on the wife in the shops. Hadn't been for ten years but it appears to be the same, apart from demolishing the mini golf and the erection of new apartments. It's still a decent place to go though.
so you did not see all the new shops and bars near space then.shame about the golf place
Yeh Woody, seen all the new stuff. I have to say though that the existing shops were enough for me, the last thing I need is more shops to follow her into!!! ;)
I think we have probably overdosed on PDB, so this year we took two trips to Gran Canaria and a not so nice week in Sharm el Sheikh accompanying my son on a property investment search, we have decided to step back from Ibiza for a couple of years so that when we do return it may offer us something new and fresh.

Our last trip to the Don Toni was dissapointing so that helped our decision to take a break from the island, that and the fact that the island does seem to have become very expensive over the last few years.

We have already booked Gran Canaria and Salou for 2009 and are planning to splash out on the Far East in 2010 so hopefully we will be back in Ibiza in 2011 and hope to see lots of changes and improvements in PDB, it did look a bit tired and rough at the edges last year and we would hope to see a few more bars and shops when we return. Would particularly like to see that land behind Space and the open market developed, it is in dire need of improvement.
they have started doing work this oct.inproving the floods they get to the main roads.highering the pavement area.it does need doing up.very worn out indeed.thing is the work started while still many on hols.and not in the quite winter months.wil see if they are going to spend all they say on pdb next year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.