Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I have to recommend Laganas in Zakynthos. There is so much to do there, plenty of music bars, karaoke, restaurants, pubs, beaches . You definately won't be bored there!
Kos Town - not quite as lively as Laganas but would definitely appeal to teenagers. You also have the choice of staying in the Lambi or the quieter Psalidi area - yet both within walking distance of the centre.
Another Greek fan here. I just want to point out that you won't get much in the way of entertainment at self catering properties in Greece. If the teenagers want entertaining on site, I'd stick to AI but there are SC properties that would have a pool table, table tennis, tv etc.

If it's general entertainment out and about there are lots of resorts with beach activities and also places with entertainment in the bars of an evening.

My personal recommendations would be Stalis (Crete), Kos Town, Sidari (corfu) to name but a few. They may be a bit touristy but I don't think you'll get entertainment to suit your 15 year olds in Traditional resorts.
Hi we have 3 boys and have been too a few resorts in Greece, our favourites Rhodes (pefkos), Crete (stalis) and Zante (tsilivi) all fantastic resorts and should be perfect for your teenage sons..good luck
just back from Tsilivi myself and i'd recommend it as a resort,but as an island Zante is a bit short on sightseeing when compared with other islands,especially if you like the historical sights. personally i'd go for rhodes as it has everything you could want in abundance and is small enough to see the entire island in a couple of days,there's stacks of historical sights that are easy to get to either in a car or by bus,europe's biggest water park,brilliant shopping,great beaches on the east coast(faliraki,kolymbia,pefkos),there's a good nightlife scene in faliraki,which isnt as wild as the media sadly portrayed it as being,has some great places to eat and is probably the best location on the island for getting around to the sights.(not that i'm biased because it's my home town,honest!).
:sun2
Zante is a bit short on sightseeing

depending on what you expect from sight seeing... there are many archaeological sites [including the Asplenium {the first proper hospital of Hypocrites}] the villages and bays around the island i think there is plenty for a week or two's holiday

yasus
wizard
Wizard i was referring to 'historical' sights, I've just come back from the third trip to Zakynthos in and there simply isn't a lot in the way of ancient sites,there's phoenician cemeteries(basically an empty eath field with a sign up) here and there and the odd ancient wall but there's nothing to rival the temples and acropoli of places like Rhodes or Crete.

And i assume you mean the Asklepieion when referring to Hippocrates,which is of course on Kos,unless you mean somewhere else i'm unaware of,if so i apologise.

The sights on Zakynthos tend to be natural ones rather than historical,all very nice to see of course,beautiful infact,depends what you want to see,if it's doric columns and crumbling temples you want to see then Zakynthos isn't the island for you,if it's caves,coves,towering cliffs and deserted villages then yes,go for it,but you'll need a car.

Yiasas
your correct.. im getting old yes that was kos, we spent 2 days going round Zakynthos and another day [but needed more] on Kefalonia

right looked back through Photo File...
the venetian Castle near Eochali
Argassi Bridge
Vrysakin Aquaduct near Argassi
Venetian Tower near Exo Choras
the ruins of a colonial house at Mouzaki
a myriad of Byzantine and colonial churches/monastery's
and 4/5 museums
some traditional mountain villages,
lots of ruins from the 1953 quake [or big shake]

thats what i can remember [with the aid of my photographs]

wizard
nothing there is what i'd call ancient greek,personally i prefer to see the really REALLY old stuff like temples etc but each to their own,like i say Zante sights are few and far between in terms of ancient and are more natural,such as all the caves and bays etc but they're more boat trips,whereas if you're on somewhere like Rhodes or Kos it's easy to stumble across a 2500 year old acropolis that appears to have been plonked randomly in a field,they make amazing photos,the area around Delphi or ancient mycenae are both something else,hard to put into words really,inspiring i suppose you'd say,although obviously not somewhere you'd go for a week with the kids!

Olympia is a good trip from Zakynthos,one of the best ancient sites on the planet,pretty easy and cheap day trip too,much better value than going to see that daft shipwreck thing!
Hi there

We have 3 teenagers and our favourites in Greece are Skala Kefalonia, Skiathos Town, Stalis Crete, Thassos Town and Tingaki Kos. Skiathos Town is brilliant in the evening but doesn't have great beach for the day, however there is an excellent bus service so you could go to a different beach every day. The same with Thassos Town, we used to get water taxis to nicer beaches. Stalis was good for a week but I personally wouldn't go for 2 weeks. Skala and Tingaki are very similar in that they are basically one long street full of tavernas/bars, shops, etc with the beach at the end of it. We went to Tingaki in July/Aug this year and had a fab time.

Hope this has helped a bit!

Lou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.