Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I feel so sorry for you and your family. I have heard a lot of bad things, regarding both Pontins and Butlins-i will definately give them a miss! :tut Did you book anywhere else so the children werent disappointed? I know you got a full cash refund, but if i were you, i would also write a strong letter to their head office, telling them how disgusted you are. That company should be ashamed of themselves! :evil: :evil:
Hi there

We went on a sun newspaper budget holiday to Wall Park some eight years ago.

At the time there were Myself and hubby, my stepdaughter then age about 12 and my 2 and a half year son.

We had four nights in a budget chalet and that consisted of the most uncomfortable bed settee, and a room with 2 single beds in it.
it was a pokey room with hardly any space at all.

There were people staying there at the time who paid full price for their break...far more than we paid
Entertainment was fairly ok, seeing it was in June and out of season.
No way would I have paid full price to stay there. The accomodation just wasnt worth it.

I remember we had ants alough most holiday parks and caravan sites have them, I always take ant stuff in preparation.

I remember it feeling a bit damp in the chalet but it was early season and the mornings seemed a bit fresh lol !

It seems not to have changed in the last few years apart for the price increasing.

Elaine x
Is this the same one?

If so would you add your reviews in order to assist future holiday makers who may be looking for info:-

Click here to add a review

Thanks.
Hi Glynis

will it still be ok to post a review as it was eight years ago ?

Elaine x
It's a bit too far back Harlow girl - we limit the page to a couple of years to be fair to both parties.

Thanks very much though :wave
Thought so lol !

Place still seems the same though...

E x
We went to a pontins for a long weekend about 3 years ago - sounds the same - mold on the shower, just dirt dirt dirt, needless to say we cut our weekend short - Done bognor butlins Okish but Haven is the one for us when we want a last minute break in the UK.
We have been on a newspaper long weekend offer to Haven sites a few times and have not been disappointed as we knew what to expect. We stayed in a Caravan in Hastings in April this year and although it was not the best of caravans it was clean and dry. We did not use the facilities except the shop as we do not like holiday camp entertainment etc. We only used the caravan as a base for touring around the area but we found this site clean and there were lots of activities for the children there. We have been to Pontins on a similar break a few years back at Camber and would never go back there again. A fight broke out in one of the flats and there were broken windows and a fridge on the grass in front. We thought the accommodation was described previously, very poor ! The only thing my husband liked was the snooker tables and the beach!
We stayed a Camber Sands a few years ago in one of the "better" apartments and it was awful, run down, dirty, uncomfortable.

Tennage kids ran riot, so did a number of drunken adults. Never again.

I went there with my mother 25 years ago, I swear that the paintwork had not been re-done since then, certainly there had not been a refubishment.

The place should be condemned and pulled down. Probably best not to replace it after either
Some years ago we arrived at brean sands, dont know if it is still there.
It was dreadful, a real slum. we asked for a refund and got one immediately from a very apologetic manager. i would rather have slept on the beach than stay there.it was the only experience we ever had of Pontins , once bitten never to return, dont know how they stay in business.
Our good friends returned from one of their establishments near Brixham i think, only last week. It was just as dire I am informed, but a site more dangerous, they reported kids running amock with air guns two doors down from their rooms.
I've been reading through all the postings and in my opinion you are better off trawling the internet and finding places that are privately owned.

I've got holiday chalets, (I'm not going to say where, because I don't want to make it sound like I'm advertising), but we take a pride in ours and clean them ourselves, with our little team of three helpers.
Every Saturday we make a two and a half hour trip to the site and when we start, we have one lady that does all the kitchens, the other lady does all the bathrooms, our "saturday girl" who's 17, does all the hoovering and polishing, whilst we strip the beds and put all the clean linen in.

We also have zipped mattress covers on all our mattresses and then soft ones on top of those, so when the sheets are on, it's not like sleeping in a bed where some-one else has slept.

We had all our places double glazed and cladded, to keep them warm.

Admittedly on the site, there are some chalet owners who rent out and their places are terrible, but we have pictures in our brochure, so people know what to expect.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.