Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
re currency, we got out some kuna in UK (you have to order them in advance) and took sterling travellers cheques.

I wasn't aware of any restrictions on brining kuna back into the UK, although when we were back home and wanted to change our spare currency back into sterling, they would only accept notes and not coins.

Also bear in mind that if you are planning a trip to Venice, you will need some Euros to spend there!

Sorry didn't stay in Porec so don't know about the Bellevue........but we had a great time in Croatia :)
We took kuna with us on our holiday. We purchased it from M&S - we didn't need to book it in advance, and it was the best rate we could find and they don't charge any commission.

We also took our Nationwide debit and credit card, which was our back up if we ran out of money - there are plenty of ATMs to withdraw cash.

We brought kuna back home with us and changed it back for sterling at M&S, so it's not true that you can't bring it back with you!

U2fan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.