Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi,We had a similar problem when we went on holiday with Portland in August,they kept telling us the tickets had been sent out but we had not received them.They finally checked properly for us and found out that they had been sent to our local Thompson holiday shop because although we booked with Portland our flight was with Thomsonfly.A long shot but may be worth checking with Portland exactly where they sent the tickets.Hope you get it sorted quickly.
Don't panic!

If the worst comes to the worst, Portland can arrange for you to collect a set of new tickets from the Thomson desk at the airport....

Tickets disappear all the time.... often they are sent to agencies to dispatch them rather than being done "in house" so they could turn up any day now.

If you still don't have them 7 days before you travel - ask them to issue you with a new set to collect TOD.

CwB
Will there be a charge for the tickets issued as TOD?
Hey thanks for the reply it's settled my mind a little. Just now I contacted Thompson and they said they will re-issue our tickets today and they will arrive in the next few days...here we go again ! Frankly I don't believe them.
Alsacienne wrote:
Will there be a charge for the tickets issued as TOD?

If the tickets don't arrive in time for the departure - they have no option but to reissue and there shouldn't be any cost involved to the client.

If you book a holiday at the last minute (ie just 2 or 3 days before departure) - Tour Ops will normally include a TOD charge automatically as part of the holiday cost. It never used to happen this way, but most tour operators started charging in the early "noughties"

If you as the client request a reissue of tickets for another reason - well, that's a different matter entirely.... and yes, there would be a TOD charge.

CwB
we had this same problem in may this year with portland in the end they arrived 10 days before we left , seems to be a common accurance with portland ,leaving it til the last min
As I said in my earlier post - a number of tour operators use outside agencies now to dispatch tickets...

So, Portland may tell you a date when the tickets were issued but that may not necessarily be the date the tickets were actually dispatched.

If it's a common occurrance, then it sounds like Portland may use this system.

Either way - it isn't an issue to be unduly worried about. Tickets can always be issued at the airport (not at the check in desks) but at the agency desk in the terminal building. If you have contacted the tour op before departure to confirm you didn't get the tickets - they should make a note on the system to indicate there is a problem.

If you don't receive your tickets within 7 days of departure (if you booked sometime in advance), then always chase them up with your agent or tour operator.... Most tour ops try to issue tickets to arrive 10 - 14 days before departure.

CwB
I will let you all know what happens before we leave (if we get there!) ;)
WE GOT THE TICKETS TODAY!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEE.! Thanks for the help!
Wow Chodwa - what a relief - I'd have been worrying myself sick as well! Now relax and have a wonderful holiday. :sun2 Jenny x
I received my tickets today and fly out on the 12th October,was beginning to worry if I would have the same problem.
Thanks everyone.It helps to share a problem. :) To anyone that is going away for a holiday ...have fun ! :cheers
I've since spoken to Thompson again and they say there is a massive back log of tickets to be issued. Something happened to the ticketing system or something.Some people that are going away on the 29th of this month only got their tickets yesterday. Half the problem was that every time I rang Portland I got to speak to somebody in India or somewhere and it was hard to understand their accent .Also it just doesn't give you any confidence when the person you are asking for help is thousands of miles away.It makes you feel like it will never be looked into properly.I must say , I won't be looking to book with Portland in a hurry again.
Just had a thought..I don't even know if these are the original missing tickets or the re-issued tickets i was promised yesterday...don't supposed it matters does it as long as we have tickets?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.