Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Yesterday was Ok, today started bright and sunny but it's come over all grey and gloomy by mid-day. It will be rather chilly by our standards come Wednesday. Uk looks to be in the grip of some rather unusual weather ie very cold!
Reckons it could go down to 10 below tonight in some parts of the UK, so dont complain about it being rather chilly in Albufeira.
Never fails to make me laugh when our Portuguese friends say " We do have a winter in Portugal, you know" -No you bloody don't !!! You ain't got the first idea what a winter feels like - one night, just one, in the middle of January in Wales and you'd die - no exaggeration, you'd die !! :rofl
There's snow in the mountains up north and it was -6C last night in Chaves.

Down here in Albufeira it is currently 8C/46F.

Winter is relative and so is summer. We do have summer in Portugal whereas most of UK has only a slightly warmer period between wintertimes.
Hey guys, think I'm going to Vale do Lobo again this summer, nice little golf resort with nice bars and restaurants etc. Last time I went Lawrence Dellaglio the England rugby ace was at one of the bars there! Unfortunately for my wife Brad Pitt and George Clooney were not. Can't wait I've not been to Portugal for ages I've hung around in England the last few summers, not too good with the weather and all, will be nice to get a propor tan.
Hello men, just to let you all know me and Mrs Holidaymaker are going to Lisbon in a few week time, well just under 7 weeks in March hope the weather is going to ok then.
Dave.
Dave are you driving around Lisbon? my hubby informs me it is a nightmare of one way systems :cry :duh :whoops :yikes , he got lost for 2 hrs first time he drove down, but learned a lesson and never took the wrong turning again :)
Forgot say in previous post, just got back from Albufeira, the weather has been s===e, rain rain and more rain but warmer (not much) though than the UK. Resort very quiet, in fact quietest I've seen it for years.Should have met Pat42 & hubby in Cabanas but our car died on us, its heart stopped beating, poor thing,it has to go to the car graveyard, oh well worse things in life I suppose.Left him indoors there, painting our place in the sun, he must be so lonely without me as the labourers mate :rofl .
Bit late but WELCOME HOME JAYJAN! :)

Sorry to hear about you car hunny :( What a pain!
What are you going to do? Replace it or just hire one each time you go over?
Thanks Mandy, We are just going to hire one in future as cars are too expensive to buy in Portugal with all the extra taxes they add on. You could by 2 cars in UK for the price of 1 in Portugal.
Shame you didn't get to meet up with Pat and hubby jayjan. Sorry about little car :cry
.. Haven't heard a dickie bird from Pat since she left... :que
Sagres she started off in Algoz I think before the start of the New Year, then moved to Montegordo on the 17th Jan & moved to Cabanas on the 24th & think maybe she is there for another 2 weeks. I dont know whether she ever logs onto the internet when she is away though.
Yes Glynis was looking forward to meeting Pat & her hubby, but by the time we got the car towed away and got a lift to the airport to pick a car up from Mario at Travel Rent it was Thursday. When I text Pat she said Sunday would be the best day for us to meet up but unfortunately I was flying home that day, Never mind there will always be another time.
At some point she was going to do a short tour of the Alentejo with friends - can't wait to hear about that.
At some point she was going to do a short tour of the Alentejo with friends
... well, that's the Monte Velho buggered for another twelve months, then !! :rofl
Nah Sagres, she informs me that Tinoco tinto Reserva is well abundant in Cabanas so you should be safe. Have you ever tried it cos its a lovely wine? it tickles the tastebuds.We have got stocks of it at our house as our Portuguese neighbour's brother removed apparently owns the winery. :cheers
I should have know it was a daft question to ask you Sagres :D
Polli, it looks like the other place is out of order, do you know anything about it?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.