Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
..... the thought has crossed my mind. :pele :pele ..... send more Euros !! :D
Well as it is raining most of the time what alternative?
Well, I've just received word that barring any unforseen circumstances my holiday to Portugal will go ahead on Wednesday. Tomorrow planes carrying stranded passengers should be arriving back at my local airport then on Wednesday they are hoping to start normal flights once again. I had begun to think the flight wasn't going to take place and had started to plan to drive down Italy for a few days next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Judith
Good luck Judith & let us know what happens :tup
I can confirm that Judith and her husband made it safely to Lagos on time and are, I hope, enjoying better weather than we did! :D
just back from 3 weeks
stay, thanks to volcano !!! i can report the chicken has now landed in the roundabout in Guia :rofl :rofl well two chickens and bottles of wine actually.
Cubsur when you next go to Makro or Leroy Merlin perhaps you could add some pics as i am an old git who does not understand this modern tecno stuff.
It is a truly horrible sight but I shall do my best to oblige this week!
thanks Cubsur,i am reliably informed that at some stage they will be painted :offtop
hey guys lookin for bit of help....we had booked club med in balaia near albufiera.we got phone call last nite from crowd we booked with to say it had been changed and now we are staying in balaia apartments.does anyone know these apartments?we are wondering whether to cancel or to go ahead to them??we are bringing our 2n1/2 yr old with us so looking for nice quiet area. :)
look at www. balaia apartments, if i am correct these are closer to the beach at Maria Luisa and are much nicer than your original choice, it is a nice quieter part.
My map of Albufeira tells me that Balaia Apartments are about 250 yards further from the beach than Club Med. They are just off the main road opposite the entrance to the Balaia Golf Vilage resort. That little extra distance does mean a bit more of the hill to climb after a day at the beach. You more or less have to walk through Club Med to get to the sand.
ok thanks,i dont mind the walk really.im just wondering about the apartments themselves,if they are nice?
Beginning to get a wee bit worried now as we are due to fly from Glasgow to Faro 2 weeks today and keeping my fingers crossed that we can get there ok......not too woried about getting back though...... :rofl :rofl
Pat
:glynis
Looks like all ok for our flight tomorrow. Just hope the weather is great there as it's been really warm here in Glasgow today and looks like getting hotter tomorrow...... :sun2
Pat :glynis
Hope things go smoothly for you and have a great time, Pat.
I also prefer tinto wine!!! Trincadeira:))
Well, just starting to get the suitcases packed for our 2 weeks in Cabanas flying tomorrow. Beginning to get excited now and can't wait to see all our friends and walk along the beach......not to mention the tinto....... :rofl :rofl

Pat
:glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.