Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You need to speak to Lunn Poly to see if they have a complaints procedure that they will follow on your behalf. If not then send direct to the address you have been given

They have 14 days to acknowledge and then 28 days to respond.

I know Thomas Cook do this. You have to put your complaint in writing and they send it to their Customer Relations at Head office to be followed through. All correspondence from the supplier (in your case Ocean Village) should come directly to you with a copy for the Travel Agent.

Let us know how you get on.

Kath HT Admin
Thanks Kath, I have spoken to Lunn Poly and they will deal with my complaint for me if I give them the written details. Thanks !
I have now received an acknowlegement from Lunn Poly saying they have passed on the complaint to Ocean Village. The letter confirms they have 28 days to respond.
Thanks for letting us know Frank - please keep us informed.

Kath HT Admin
Well, Ocean Village have had their 28 days and more besides. I haven't heard a word from them since that acknowlegement last month. I know they have had their hands full with the Aurora fiasco but I'm still waiting !
Well at long last I've had a reply from Ocean Village well outside the 28 day limit. At the end of a long waffly letter which fails to address the problem of why they were letting obviously noisy cabins which can't fail to have attracted many complaints in the past, They made me an offer.

I was offered £500 off a future cruise (didn't say 1 week or 2 week) with Ocean Village , P& O , Princess and Helenic cruises. This did not say £500 each (there were 2 of us ) and it gave us 2 years to take this offer which was not redeemable for cash. It could be combined with any discount we could negotiate in future.

Given that I never want to sail with Ocean Village again, and have no plans to cruise again in the forseeable future, and would have to spend a minimum of £1200 each for the same class of cabin (not counting excursions and drinks) to get £250 each back, I am not impressed.

Have you any advice on this please ?
I would suggest you give Ros Fernihough a call on 01922 621114 for free advice on this one Frank.

Let us know what she suggests.

Good luck.
Thanks, Glynis I have done so. I will let you know what transpires.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.