Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi Abe

The Vera Beach Club is just a couple of minutes walk from my holiday home. The apartments and facilities look really good from what I have seen although I do NOT recommend the restaurant. We ate in there only once and wouldnt go back. However, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, Laguna Restaurant is very good, as is the Los Arcos, La Cala and Restaurant Brisas is also very good and prices are reasonable. Prices are dependent on whether you are having two or three courses but some garlic and tomatoe tostados with olives, a swordfish steak (huge) with veg, a jug of sangria (very good) and coffees will cost around 35-40 Euros in Laguna for example. Bar Dolar have a good range of English dishes ranging from burgers to quiche, fish and chips with mushy peas is around 7Euros, The Spanish restaurant is around 8 Euros for Lasagne and 12 Euros for Red Snapper. The beaches are excellent, soft clean sand and 4kms of it and it there will be a great atmosphere in the area as it will be very busy with the Spanish holidaymakers. We arrived home today and it was getting very busy. There are two supermarkets, one near to you towards the beach but there is a better one at the top of the main road. If you are hiring a car be prepared for plenty of traffic especially in Garrucha itself and of course Mojacar Playa and Pueblo. The local bus service is very good and cheap and if you have children a visit to the Aqua Park is a must. There is also 'El Tren' which costs just 1 Euro and takes you around the area and you can get on and off wherever you want. If you need to know anything else, let me know but I am sure you will have a great time. Feliz Vacaciones!! PS - Its very hot! When we left it was 43c :sun2 :cheers
Thanks Karen.

We've now booked for the week commencing August 16th.

I was hoping to find a local decent restaurant or else I would have had to drive further afield thus limiting the opportunity of sampling the Sangria!

I just hope that the fires, smoke and residue haven't affeceted anything.
We have just one review of the Vera Beach Club (thanks kirkie), and would welcome further feedback from any holidaymakers who have stayed there recently ... please click here.

Many thanks

David :wave
I can certainly recommend Laguna Restaurant (and they do a great Sangria) Nigel and Stuart are the owners and are brothers that have lived in Spain for 25 years and have had the restaurant for 20+ years. They have a waiter called JP who is great, great service and great food. A lot of Spanish visit the restaurant too which I always thinks is a good sign. Their Paella is excellent! I can also recommend both restaurants either side of Millionaires Bar (not recommended unless you want soso service and burger and chips). I cant remember the names of the two Spanish restaurants but both are very good and we tend to eat at these three restaurants quite a lot. Walking distance too! They are all on your right hand side as you walk towards the beach and the promenade to Garrucha. Bar Dolar is a good fun pub, always something going on and Sue the barmaid is really nice.

With regard to the fires - there were some when we were over 3-20 July but they werent as bad as the ones this last week but there was a lot of smokey skies, ash and debris everywhere including the sea. But my daughter is there at the moment and although the fires were much worse this time she said Mojacar Playa is fine, all restaurants and bars open, no debris and all well. I dont know about Mojacar Pueblo though - alot of smoke damage up there. :cry

Have a great time - nothing could spoil it for me so enjoy! Feliz Vacaciones! :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.