General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
passport
26 Posts
bejay,

All the tickets for my holidays have always been printed with just the initial, I dont think I have ever had a ticket issued with my full christian name.

Angie.
we travel lots and don't really notice till this hol thanks
I have never had my full name on my ticket either. Don't worry.
the older I get the more I worry
Know what you mean bejay - someone told me a few yuears ago that you had to have the same name on your tickets as you do your passport, I don't use my middle name and never include in my details when going to the travel agent. So tickets only ever show my title initial and surname and I have never had a problem - touch wood of course.
most airline tickets i have seen only have either first name and surname or first Initial and surname, the important one id API where details given must match exactly the passport
the important one id API where details given must match exactly the passport

Not sure what you mean by this wizard? ID API?
Advanced Passenger Information at the moment for traveling to selected countries like USA and Spain [among others] and some airlines will ask for this information in advance of departure [whether needed or not]

see this site
Wizard you can tell its a while since I have travelled this is new to me so, do you mind me asking more information: who asks for this? the travel agent? I have booked (as you probably know) to go to Jamaica next year and I have not been asked for this only the information to book my normal holiday

Sorry for being dim?
have you looked at the link.. Jamaica is on the list so firstly i would contact [as i did today ..my dec holiday is flying easy jet] the tour operator and and ask

this is the info i supplied

W****** Brian S****** Male
Dob. 19/07/****
Nationality British
Place of birth Dartford
Passport number 20*********
Issued 05/02/**
Expires 05/11/**
Thanks wizard, yes I have looked at the website now and says that the airlines ask for this and you will be expected to take to the airport.

I will give the travel agent a call next week to set my mind at rest.

Thanks for your help. x
Who are you flying with Miss Pink.

Angie.
Hi Angie - First Choice holiday so its Thomson
Thought so Thomson collect the API details at check in.Info is about 3/4 of the way down the page. I only found this out as I was searching for info for my daughter and son-in-law going to Spain.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/faqs/flights/checking-in.html

Hope this helps,

Angie.
Great Angie thanks, so I won't need to contact my travel agent then as it's taken care of at check - in. My new passport has one of those chip identity thingies too.

:offtop Crickey it feels as though everything has changed since I went abroad it only been 5 years but it could be a lifetime with all the changes - my son has travelled in the interim, but of course being a bloke information is only given if asked :rofl
Well you are set up for the go then as you have the micro chip in your passport.

Yes it does'nt take long for changes to appear when you have'nt travelled for a few years......typical bloke your son........I have one of those too. :rofl

Angie.
BA asked for the API for my flight to Tunis tomorrow and I was able to do it on their site on line, which will save me time at the airport.
And when is your holiday aslemma? Just interested to know how far in advance are they asking you for this information.
aslemma wrote:
BA asked for the API for my flight to Tunis tomorrow and I was able to do it on their site on line, which will save me time at the airport.

Miss Pink wrote:
And when is your holiday aslemma? Just interested to know how far in advance are they asking you for this information.

tomorrow??? have a good hol aslemma!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.