Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I'm bored as well. ;) I should have booked my January break to the Algarve!!!!!!!!!!!

This map seems to show it just blends together: http://www.visitcalamillor.com/productos/plano%20cala%20millor.jpg

Anyone want to point out the best pubs and give a grid ref.?

Robby :wink:
The London inn is not the poshes place but very nice people,good prices and different entertainment every night.The levante hotel has good entertainment if you can get in, if you enjoy Rod Stewart try to see Dyland Cassidy.The Moyeya hotel is where we saw John but he also does the Cala Bona hotel.All easally findable .We had two weeks in Majorca last year and had 14 nights free entertainment for the cost of a drink. What a hardship!!
I think the tourist information in G3 is about the dividing line. "If there's fish on the floor, you're in Cala Millor..." pity the map doesn't show that detail! We stayed in Cala Bona- lots of entertainment at Hotel Cala Bona and the bars along the paseo maritimo cala bona. It was a bit of a trek to the beach from the harbour though. We said if we went again we'd stay in the middle.
kate
We stayed at the hotel Talayot after having it recommended by a ht member,on the front at h3,couldn't be better for walking both ways,there is a report in the hotel reviews
Yes- we saw that one, great position, had a quick look in the foyer, seemed nice.
Mind you, the foyer of ours seemed nice, but that's where it stopped!
kate
we will be staying at the hotel cala bona for a week from 8th may which is earlier than we usually go. The bar jemica is a favourite of ours, its a great stop for the last coffee and brandy of the day. Miguel was going to retire but due to demands he reopened last year and it was great to see him and his son.Sorry, rambling!! I would like to know if he will be opening when we are there, its very early in the season.
we will be staying in a private apartment in cala millor/bona in october,we normally go august but going later this year. does cala bona not start neat the hotel tayalot?
Looking at the map again, how long on average would it take to walk from L3 (Bonaire) to the far end of the beach A4? I like a walk in the morning before breakfast and this might be an option, onto the beach at G3 and walk/jog along (decided on how many shandies the night before).
Also, are there any decent large supermarkets in the area? If so, where? I've got a car and would prefer to go to a busier larger supermarket (I'm s/c) as I find the stuff (fruit and salad) a lot fresher than the local Spars etc.

robbyw,there is a lidl supermarket on the way to sa coma.
Many thanks (BTW, do you live in Bamburgh or from there?). Are you actually a Sue? - Just a thought. :think

An old hunting ground (mid-80's). I spend many a time in the Mizen Head, the Vic and the Castle. A great part of the world to live.
Anyway, back on track - how long would the walk be (above post)?

robbyw you would need a car, calabona girl may be able to help with a nearer one

sue
About half an hour? It used to take us 20 mins from the harbour to a nice central part of the beach. Not fast walkers but not doddery either!
kate
Thanks Kate, much appreciated. So a bit like a walk from say the rincon area of Benidorm to the Old Town?

OK you lot reminiscing!!! Tell me if the Bar jemica will be open the beginning of may :que :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.