General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We love Puerto Pollensa and we also really like Playa Blanca on Lanzarote. It's a bit smaller than P Pollensa but very nice and there's lots to see and do in Lanzarote if you don't mind travelling a bit!! You can also get the ferry from Playa Blanca for a day trip over to Corralejo on Fuertoventura. Corralejo is another lovely place with lots of great restaurants etc, though we weren't that keen on the rest of Fuertoventura apart from El Cotillo which is very nice and not too far from Corralejo.
this might sound a bit weird but were there a lot of pigeons in playa blanc. On of the family members has a phobia and it would ruin the holiday.

thanks for that information
Don't remember seeing any pigeons but maybe someone else can advise as well as me!!

This link about Playa Blanca may be helpful
http://www.lanzaroteguidebook.com/playa-blanca/
  • Edited by Oklahoma 2010-01-30 23:58:56
Or you could try Santa Eulalia in Ibiza :)
Hi
Have been to both PP and Santa Eulalia and they are both lovely places and similar - lovely beaches, promenade, plenty of places to eat, other places of interest are easy to get to.
Irene
I would definitely agree with Santa Eulalia in Ibiza. Have been going there for 8 years! The funny thing is that a couple of years ago I went to look at Puerto Pollenca with a view to perhaps staying there as it seemed similar to SE, but decided that SE was better and only half an hour from Ibiza airport! There is also a good bus service with Ibiza Town only 25 minutes away which is a fantastic place to explore. As it is a tiny island compared to Majorca, everything is within easy reach both by bus, or ferry if you don't want to hire a car. Santa Eulalia is a cosmopolitan place with upmarket bars and restaurants and a lovely marina. Night life is low key and it attracts a more mature crowd so no clubbers or lager louts in sight!
thanks for that

could you recommend accomdation in santa eulalia

thanks
Depends whether you want hotels or apartments. I always stay in the Fiesta Don Carlos hotel (Thomson/Portland) but other popular hotels are the Sol, La Cala, Club Siesta, Tres Torres. There is a Thomson Gold hotel called Ses Estaques which is pricey but lots of repeat guests. Apartments I have always booked over the internet on a DIY basis. If you want more information on the hotels mentioned let me know. Ibiza Spotlight website has loads of information on resorts and accomodation also.
We stayed at the Ros apartments - very spacious balconies - we had a 2 bedded apt. We travelled with Direct holidays.
Irene
patersong4,
We often meet friends in Lagos, on the Portuguese Algarve,who alternate their holidays between Puerto Pollensa and Lagos. Although we still haven't made it to Puerto Pollensa ourselves, they tell us if we like Lagos, we'll definitely be happy with Puerto Pollensa.
I agree with Oklahoma. PP was our regular holiday destination when our daughter was growing up. We immediatly felt the same `vibe` from Playa Blanca. They are both places which attract couples and families and feel safe and trouble-free. Did not notice any pigeons!
Agree with Playa Blanca & Lagos.
Would also recommend Puerto Mogan on Gran Canaria, Nerja & Calella de Palafrugell on mainland Spain,Puerto Andratx on Majorca & Cascais(near Lisbon). All these have a good selection of restaurants & are pretty towns with a quieter vibe.......the type of destinations I enjoy. ( we loved Puerto Pollensa too!)
Agree.If you love Porto Pollensa as we do then Santa Eulalia is brilliant but avoid the Tres Torres as they have awful music blaring by the pool and food isn't great.Lagos on the Algarve and Playa Blanca too lovely and people tell me Tavira on the Algarve is lovely too.
Another fab venue if you don't mind a few steep roads is Kalkan in Turkey.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.