Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
If it is the Polaris World resort that you mean, then the Mar Menor golf complex has a nine hole course and is in Los Alcázares central which,(despite the name) is an industrial and agricultural area on the road between Los Alcázares north and Torre-Pacheco.

It will be a ten minute drive to get to the facilities in Los Alcázares.

You have probably already found out that the complex itself has a few (two, the last time I was there) restaurants, and a supermarket.

The proposed expansion to the site to make it into a proper 18 hole course is far enough away from the existing villas as not to be a nuisance.
Thanks v. much oly Daze. Will keep your info in mind. Hope to go in June.
ccmc
You're welcome.

Mar Menor golf was the first Polaris World resort and as such it is well established; but it only has villas and houses on the complex, and as a result, no communial swimming pools. Some of the villas may have put small 'plunge' pools in their grounds.

The proposed expansion is not only for a further 9 holes on the course, but also for appartments and communial facilities.

Although the funding for the work to expand was well publicised here, I don't think any major construction has been started yet.

As a 9 hole course it is not particularly busy with golfers, so expect a quite holiday with frequent driving to more entertaining areas.
Apparently this resort is having financial problems
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.