Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Did you book the holiday direct or through a travel agent?

If through an agent then I would contact them and ask the question.

If direct then contact Thomson.

I would, assuming you cannot get a satisfactory answer write to them ( signed for service ) expressing your concern and advising you may seek recompense should your concerns be real.

Without an answer from them it is difficult to suggest anything else at this stage.

If you can get an answer to your question please post again and I am sure our members will try to help.

fwh
Just by the hotel there is what appears to be a sewage pump box, this is always smelly.

Perhaps the builders next door have hit something they shouldnt have????
Hi i've just managed to get through to Thomson and they say as far as they know the problem should now be sorted. Panic over i hope!!
Thanks for your replies
Hi,
Can anyone tell me a little bit about the hotel and surrounding areas please. How long the transfer from the airport is.
Also does anyone know if pool towels are supplied.
We stayed there in 2005. It's overlooking a splendid bay, the rooms are fine and the food was excellent. I think if it's still Thomson Gold, they do hire pool towels. The pool area is very nice. There was some building work going on nearby in 2005, hopefully this is finished now! Then of course you get the entertainment in the evening.

There are a few bars, shops etc. nearby, and you can stroll round the resort which has a few apartment complexes etc. and another big hotel at the other end of the bay.

Unfortunately it's down a steep hill to the beach.....or rather....UP a steep hill on the way back (the hotel did run a courtesy minibus to the beach several times a day). Not much shade on the beach.

The resort isn't very exciting if you like exploring on foot I have to say....you can walk by road to the other end, and then turn right to a little centre with restaurants, shops etc, can't remember what it's called. However there is no "prom" so if you walk along the road, you can't see the bay! You can also walk to the pretty fishing village of Na Macaret, or there is a road train that goes round the resort and to this village. We also walked round the headland on the other side of the bay - Punta Grossa - seems to be an old army camp, and it was not very rewarding in the height of summer, possibly more enjoyable when not so hot.

Hope this is helpful, my info might be a bit out of date now.
Has anyone any current reports regarding the sewage smell at this Thomson Gold Hotel. :que
Many thanks
Antonio
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.