Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
No, it is not shutting down as far as I know, it just shut early this year because if lack of tourists.

I have heard that it is up for sale though, but don't think it will affect any bookings. Perhaps you should email the hotel or your travel agent should be able to help with any worries.

Good luck.
There were many roumers about the Rey carlos not opening in 2010. please be assured it is opening May 1st for the season.
A local hotel group, Artiem, who have the Capri hotel in Mahon and the Hotel Audax in Cala Galdana have taken it over on a 15 year lease, they are making some small changes to the rooms this year and also changing the menu somewhat also. At the end of the 2010 season they are going to upgrade it into a 4* hotel.
They can change and improve many thing at the RC but the most important thing is the view and the pool and they cannot take those away.
Also most of the original staff will be there which is good news.
So all you Rey Carlos fans Cheer up and look forward to another great holiday ...........with improvements...
We cant wait till we get there June 11th

Es Castell The best place to be
Happy new year
Grumps
My travel agent has refunded my deposit after being in touch with the hotel, Rey Carlos could not give them an opening time for 2010
I also emailed the Rey Carlos and they told me that they couldn't take any bookings at the moment for 2010

Vick
Hi Vick
as I said in my last post and having spoke to the manager in the last couple of weeks the Rey Carlos Is opening May 1st and will be as i stated .
I dont know how long ago it was when you e mailed the Rey Carlos but you can book through many travel agents/tour companies as most have it listed now.
We have booked with sunshine.co.uk who are part of Hays Travel and we got a great price for 2 weeks half board,good flight times with Monarch,who we prefer, and for well less than £1300 for the 2 of us.
Maybe , with respect, you travel agent did not try to hard, as some friends of ours have booked the Rey Carlos for 14 June this year.
Hope you can sort it out Vick :sun2
Regards
Grumps
St Annes on Sea
I'm so pleased the Rey Carlos will be open again as it's a lovely hotel. It was a few months back now that I had the trouble, so I expect that they just didn't know then when they would be open. I have booked at another hotel for this year but look forward to the Rey Carlos in 2011. Thanks for the info - Vick
Going to Rey Carlos 5th June we hope !!! But getting bad vibes,rumours that its closed down,or being refurbed ,got an e.mail from a car hire co saying he didnt think it would finished by the time we went .Travel Agent says dont worry !!!!!! Does anybody know
Don't worry, the Rey carlos is finished and open for business. You just have to worry about the ash cloud now!! :really
Thanks for that.......Have you been ?
No, I havent been, but know people who have.
got back from Rey Carlos Sat Got to say it was one of the best holidays we have ever had . Its such a shame that nobody is useing it . It was only about a third full or maybe less and the manager said it looked like they were in for a quiet summer. but saying that its nice not having to bag sunbeds and pushed and shoved at mealtimes etc While we we were there a lot of clipboards were walking about presume they are sorting how they are going to change it into an arty farty spa place and bounce the prices up for next year
yes shame as it has an great view/location. The hotels on the island are suffering as they are competing in the wrong markets and the island is not competitve in the Hotel market they are in.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.