Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I did think that the sea mist/fog was peculiar only to the months of July/August but upon reading comments from other travellers it seems to occur at other times of year as well.
My advice would be to book elsewhere in Morocco just to be on the safe side for the rest of the country seems to be unaffected, or if you are not going away for the weather and so don't mind a few days cooler weather by all means book Agadir.
Just wish someone had given us this advice before we went there, for holidays peak season are not cheap - we went in July/August - and all of my family are sun worshippers.
Have noticed that on the 'Tripadvisor Agadir forum' members are still trying to convince those querying the weather that it only ever amounts to a bit of light mist in the morning, this was exactly the sort of misinformation that had us forking out for a holiday there, only to face two weeks of damp foggy weather, with temperatures so cool we hardly ever used the pool or beach.
On the plus side the place has a great souk, and we should know, we spent practically every foggy day there!!!!
'Tripadvisor Agadir forum' members are still trying to convince those querying the weather that it only ever amounts to a bit of light mist in the morning, this was exactly the sort of misinformation that had us forking out for a holiday there,

we were also misimformed or we were very unlucky. We went in April, having read it was a good destination for some heat and sunshine at that time of year. Each day we'd sit shivering in our bikinis with the towels wrapped around us, convincing ourselves the sun would be out any minute (beecause that's what we'd read) :rofl Boy were we mistaken. we did get the odd few hours of sunshine but nothing like the sunbathing weather we were expecting for the week. I would definitely not go back to Agadir if I wanted guaranteed sunshine.
Shirley, I really sympathise, we were also led to believe that the sea fog was nothing more than a minor inconvenience, only appearing occasionally for a couple of hours in the early morning, burning off by mid-day. No such luck. Some days the fog hardly broke up at all, or when it did we had a brief window of opportunity when the sun would shine, before the fog came back in the late afternoon. When journeying back from other parts of morocco where the sun was scorching we noticed how the temperatures plummeted upon reaching Agadir again and the sun was immediately swallowed up by the fog.
It really annoys me when I read the misleading information some forums are giving their members, which will lead to more disappointed holidaymakers.
Morocco is a great place to go, just don't go to Agadir.
thanks for the info. we once spent 2 weeks in peurto le cruz on tenerife in may and had the same thing with cloud. by midday it got trapped by mount teide and the sun disappeared for the rest of the day. it was too cold to sit round the pool or on the beach, so we spent afternoons shopping or watching films in our room. it was the first time we had been for 2 weeks and had never had bad weather before so maybe we were unlucky, but we never went north again and always went south after that. it is sooo disappointing when you have paid to go abroad for the weather,and find out it was better back home!
We have also had bad weather when holidaying in Agadir, and it was our honeymoon!!! :(
That was in May/June last year.
We expected to take lots of photos of us lounging in the heat beside the pool or on the beach but instead there are photos of us huddled together behind a beach umbrella looking cold and miserable.
We did invest in loads of day trips however to the Sahara and Marrakech where it is just sooooo hot!!
Just a shame that our memories of our honeymoon will forever be shrouded in fog!!
And we did wonder whether to book for Agadir or Sicily, wish we had been warned as traveller as being warned here for if we had been we would have chosen Sicily.
Lol
:que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.