Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
OK
First do not expect 5 star to be the same in Sharm as in Europe Hotels are RESORTS not normal hotels

Next decide your budget and how much leeway in dates you have
Decide where you are flying from and more importantly to - - -book a package for your first time that way you are guaranteed a fair transfer to your hotel -- for your first time do not try to go DIY Egypt is complicated

when you are looking at hotels especially to Sharm you find everywhere is tagged Sharm El Sheikh even if it is Nabq which is miles away from the main strip at Naama Bay (also spelt Neamma Bay) and the actual Old Town is miles away but is not a tourist resort

What I like in a hotel you and your children may not ---- but by going with a package then find one with a children's club built in which can be important as hotels may provide some children's entertainment but may be Italian or Russian based not necessarily English

So first find a decent map of the area and give you some ideas of the hotels - to be honest Wikimapia.org is getting to be the better one recently and easier than Google Earth by doing this you will see that not all resorts are on a beach front ( in Sharm very few have real beaches they have imported desert sand on terraces above the reef) to find Sharm type Hilton Sharm once the search is done do not click on a blue link it takes you away from the map

Check out the HT hotel reviews and find out which resort might meet you needs find where they are on the map then find which tour operator goes there and which airport they fly from --

To be honest Sharm/Egypt is a lot more complicated than anywhere else because there is so much choice in resorts it's inbelievable how many there actually are and when you are there you will see how many more are being built

OK
I'll let you sort that out and find something that suits YOU and YOUR KIDS because what suits me in my 50's (scuba diving) won't suit them - good luck in your search and shout out with more questions when you have got a shortlist there will be quite a few of us here to help you
thank you so much for this! I will check out what you have said and no doubt will bombard the post with more questions!

Thanks again
Debbie
No problems Debbie

I am off ill for a long while so have all the time in the world to answer questions however daft they may seem
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.