Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
please let us know how your holiday goes we are staying there next aug 08.we where also wondering were the apartments are. :?:
Hi was just wondering if anyone has stayed here, what are they like? what is the area like? We are 2 families coming here in just over 3 weeks. Thanks. :sun2
Welcome to the forums pk33ts :tup

Click Here for our reviews of these apartments
Hi Guys

I have just booked a family holiday to the Granada Apts in Portinatx, I have read the reviews on here of the Hotel and it was them that convinced me to book! :tup

Can anyone tell me how far they are from the airport and a good apartment room number to ask for?

Any other info ie restaurants bars that are close by would also be great!

Neil
Not been to those apartments but have to Portinax. Very quiet resort, nice small beaches, few bars. Go on google earth and you can see the resort
Thanks bejay

How far is the resort from the airport?

I have been to Cyprus and Egypt on my last few holidays and haven't been to Spanish islands for a long time, how are the prices in resorts now with the Euro? is it better to take money with me and exchange in resort?

Cheers
Neil
think it will be about 45 minutes. We always just take euros with us, don't think there is much difference.
Does anyone know if the bathrooms have a proper bath rather than just a shower at the Granada apartments?
Hi again Damian ... just been looking at a few booking websites and some of them suggest that each apartment at the complex is different, which may make your question more difficult to answer, as anyone who has stayed at this complex may only be able to tell you about facilities within their specific apartment.

But looking at THIS page on the Thomas Cook website, it suggests that studio apartments have a full bathroom, some 1 bedroom apartments have half bath, but they don't actually specify what the 2 bedroom apartments have. :hmmm
David :wave
Thats the conclusion I had already made. I have had a quote from Sunset/Thomas Cook for a 1 Bed apt so I wonder if I should take the risk :think
Damian

We have just returned and were in a one bedroom apt. There was no bath only a very weak shower, smoething to do with water pressure around the resort??

The appartment was spacious enough for four of us and very clean, the Granada was a lovely base for our holiday and the staff were really friendly.

Any questions you have ask away :cheers

Neil

I am pretty sure there are only 18 apts in the block and most people I spoke with mentioned the shower pressure so I dont think there will be any apts with a bath.
Hi Neil,

Thanks for that, it is most appreciated.

The websites/information I have seen/recieved suggests some rooms have baths (studio apartments)? Do you know anyone who stayed in a studio and how much room was there> Generally I like to have at least one bedroom seperate to the "living" area but maybe a large studio would be suffice.

I like the idea of only 18 apartments in an accomodation centre so that ticks one box.

Is the pool size and area suffice to accomodate all the people staying?
Are they above anything like a bar or shop or are they seperate to such?(If yes, did you find this an issue)
What did you think about the staff?
Did you eat there and more importantly did you enjoy and was there good variety? (price is not too important just quality)

Sorry for all the questions but you did ask ;) :)

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking to book this weekend somewhere as we are not having a holiday abroad this year for the first time in 28 years :(
Damian

Not a problem pal,

The apts were lovely and quiet, no bars or restaurants nearby and only a 2 minute stroll to the local shops etc.

The pool area is good too a few sunbeds and chairs tables etc round the pool, if you have an apartment at the pool you can even sit just ouside your room as they all have tables and chairs outside.

The cleaners are there every morning and evening to wash down the pool area etc, all the staff are really lovely, they probably wont remember me but they will remember my 2 children as they loved the kids.

The food was lovely all freshly made, as was the food in all the places we tried.

You will have a great time, peace and quiet seems to be the main thing in Portinatx

Go to the shop in the square called boozy buys (top left hand corner as you look at Portinatx centre) it is the cheapest for juice, water, ice creams beer etc

Hope this helps
Neil

Let me know your e mail and i will send you a pic of the pool area.
Neil you could always upload it to the photo album ?

Kath x
Hi

does anyone have a contact number/email address for the above apartements?

Ihave 3 children incl two year old twins who are still in cots... booking this through thomas cook and its only infants that are guarenteed cots and 2 year olds arent classed as infants. i cant book it until i get full confirmation that i will have 2 cots in the apartment. There isnt many child free spaces left so i need to be quick.

Any contact numbers would help me lots, thanks :wave:
Hi bev ... I haven't come across any contact details as yet, but as you will see in earlier posts, each apartment at this complex is described as different and so you would also need to ensure that your choice of apartment is physically capable of accommodating two cots. I assume you are aware of various web descriptions which comment on the complex being located on a slope and accessed by steps. Hopefully there might also be a ramp if you need it, but I haven't seen any mention of one so far. Perhaps one of our members who has stayed there before may be able to advise. Meanwhile still searching for contact details.

bev ... I have found this phone number for the Meson Granada Apts in Portinatx but am not entirely sure if it is the same complex. Again perhaps someone who has stayed there might be able to confirm if it is known as Meson Granada:

0034 971 320 563

EDIT: I have since found another listing for that same phone number as simply Granada Apartments, Portinatx, so hopefully that is it.

Thanks for that, cant get through tho lol. Think we have changed our minds anyway, lack of aircon, no guarentee cots or high chairs, steps.... a few things not in our favour. Back to the drawing board.

I have found their facebook fan page tho! A quick search and you will come across it, maybe get some info on there? Cant find an email addy tho.

Thanks. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.