Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Do they still rent out the thomson towels? If so do you have to be a thomson customer, or can anyone staying rent them? Thanks
They do still rent out the towels, came back last Sat and we hired them for the whole fortnight,think they rent them out to anyone, dont have to have booked with Thomsons
pricing up for next year, 2 kids, 2 adults, what is the difference between the club and the hotel, apart from the hotel is cheaper ? anyone please !
Not stayed in the beach club only the hotel but would say that main differences are:
Lots of stairs to negotiate in the hotel if lifts are broken or busy as restaurant is on floor 8.
Restaurant in the hotel is bigger than the beach club with fantastic views.
All entertainment takes place around the beach club, including evening entertainment. So if you are in the beach club you are on hand to get sunbeds on a morning and table at night.

Others who have stayed in both may be able to offer more information and I would suggest that the age of your children may be a factor as if they are young and you take a buggy on holiday, the beach club may be the best bet as many people complain about the lifts in the hotel - there are only two lifts and one of them will break down on more than one occasion during the holiday. Never caused us any problem as we all could use the stairs but I did feel sorry for families with young children with buggies as there were queues at busy times.

You can use all facilities in both hotels (and the Galeon Hotel) including restaurants provided that you book beforehand, so it doesn't matter much which you choose.

Whichever you go for, you will have a great time - we loved it so much we went eight years running and many other families return every year.
We've always stayed in the hotel too. Our room has always had a double bed and two singles. Friends we met this year stayed in the Beach Club and had 2 double beds. Not sure if all the rooms are the same but worth knowing if you have older children that wouldn't be happy sharing.
I have stayed in both, the room we had when we went with 2 adults 2 kids had a double and 2 singles in the beach club. I personally prefer here as everything is on your doorstep, although as said the views from the hotel restaurant aren't to be missed!
Going next Friday (24th September) for first time and also Ibiza for first time. Anybody know how many bars and restraunts the hotel/beach club has?. Thank you for any info in advance :cheers
Hotel has main restaurant and chinese which you have to book, beach club has 1 main restaurant, western saloon serves fast food from about 12 -4 ish, you can use the mexican food place at the galyon, out by the pool nice for a lunch time change, think it will still be open in September. Sure you wont get bored so enjoy.ps if your staying in beach club and want to use hotel restaurant or visa versa just have to book and get a token.
sorry bars, 1 in each plus ouside bar by beach club, western saloon and 8th floor hotel cocktail bar open from 9pm, forgot to mention also tapas bar opens at 6 in hotel, ground floor nice for pre meal nibbles and drink.
Hi Selfey,

Many thanks for your information, much appreciated!
Going back July 2011 - can't wait!!
What date are you going Dylan? We go on July 23rd. I can't wait either and will be celebrating a big birthday when I'm there!
We are going 9th July so 23rd will be the last day of our holiday - we will be leaving as you arrive!
Would anyone who has stayed at this hotel (or those returning) please leave your review here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/ibiza/san-miguel/san-miguel-hotel-and-beach-club/

Many thanks everyone :tup
hiya were back here again this year,trying the beachclub this year, not so far to walk as the hotel to put the towels down each morning :rofl i know we moan about it but we all do it,just wondered if anyone knew what night the fish night was this year,so i can book the chinese. thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.