Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
san miguel hotel
976 Posts
well what can we say about the hotel sanmiguel its great friendly n good fun carnt wait to come back in july hope your still there zorro ollie & natasha n stans enjoyin himself in aussie!
Our reviews of this hotel may be read HERE

Also if anyone has stayed here please add your review to the above link.

Thanks
We have also booked to return to this hotel 26th June for two weeks. This will be our third time. We never normally return to a hotel, so this proves how much we have enjoyed our holidays here.
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the larger rooms at the hotel are booked as, as there are 4 of us going and have always had the smaller rooms. But a family we met last year had a different room to us which was alot bigger and the room was partly partioned off to seperate two of the beds.If anyone could let me know i would appreciate it.
Thanks.
Hi 8)

you go just before us! we're there on the 10th July 8)

I think that you book a double room for 4 people, as opposed to a standard twin or double for 3. However, the hotel has a few 'family rooms' which don't show on Thomson's booking form. So I would book a double for 4, then email the hotel with you booking ref. asking for the larger type of room or the room no. if you know it.
We are going to San Miguel Beach Club in May 2006 and ive noticed a few people stating that they have emailed the hotel. I have searched but can not locate an email address for the hotel, can anyone help??? :shock:
Hi 8)

if you go to their website to double check INVALID URL but i think it's galeon@sanmiguelresort.com. off the top of my head.

I think the hotels are closed as yet for the winter season, so you may not get a response for a while yet. But send the email anyway so it's there. They always respond to requests, so if you don't get a reply, email again in March or April 8)

We went in May last year, it's a good time to go, especially if you're going from mid May onwards 8)
Thanks for that. Ill give them both a try. We are going on 22nd May for 2 weeks. Already looking forward to it.

One other thing... How far from the airport is the resort. we dont land till 9.30pm and wondered whether we will get to hotel before last orders on AI.
Your travel time depends really on your driver and if you have to make any stops first. When we went first time, we had to drop other people of in Playa Den Bossa, and we arrived about an hour later. But previously we went straight there and it only took about half an hour. But the club will still be serving drinks till gone 11, as well as the Western Saloon, so you will have no problem getting drinks.
Mobster

To get the link for the hotel supplied by molliemoo to work, you will have to remove the coma at the end of the web address or click HERE

The bars at the hotel close about 12 ? so as long as no flight delay and you get your luggage and on to the coaches etc reasonably quickly at the airport, and then the transfer to the hotel ia approx 30 mins you should arrive in time to sample some of their hospitality :glynis
Is food available at night for late arrivals, or just drinks? A snack would do, does anyone know what time they stop doing food at night?
Skinnybot :wave

You can get snacks (good selection) in the main restaurant on the ground ? floor (same floor as reception), these snacks are provided at about 12 o'clock so you will be able to get something when you arrive.

Graham 8)
Thanks, Kiltman -Graham for your reply.
8) we dont go til 23rd september so would be grateful for any info about zorro stan natasha and ollie and whether they all stil there. also of any changes that have been made the western saloon was supposed to be having revamp. Thanks alot and you all have a good holiday. 8)
I will be happy to tell you all of my holiday!Even though it is a while away!But one thing i do know, is that Stan will not be joining us this year!But i think that Zoro, Ollie And Natasha will be with us as usual!
I've been looking at the Galeon hotel in the Eclipse brochure, and reading all the reviews and comments about the San Miguel hotels; and it all looks very nice 8) Not been to Ibiza since I was a little girl back in the 70s, and I fancy a change from my beloved Canary islands.
Should I go for the Galeon (with Eclipse/First Choice) or should I go for the San Miguel Cartago Hotel or Beach Club (with Thomson)?
Would I be able to use all the All-Inclusive facilities at the other hotels if I was staying at the Galeon? Is the Tapa Tapa bar and Mexican restaurant part of the All-Inclusive?
What activities are available for teenagers (aged 17 and 14)? Last year they were very bored at a 'family' hotel which turned out to entertain under 12s only :( I prefer to stay somewhere with everything on site, I'm too lazy to go out around town every night, so I want good entertainment/activities in the hotel.
I've seen all the reviews and I'm quite tempted, but if anyone can answer these few questions for me I'd be very grateful :?:
We booked a two bed apartment with Hotel Cartago direct which was much nicer than the hotel rooms and works out cheaper than a package holiday.

You can drink at any of the bars in the complex and eat at the snack bars, including the Tapas Bar and the Mexican regardless of which hotel you stay in, but you have to book to eat in a different restaurant.

Depends whether your children are girls or boys - there is beach football, killer pool, water polo, volleyball, tennis, table tennis, canoes, windsurfing, banana boat etc. Can also hire bikes from the Beach Club.

The evening entertainment is good fun when presented by Zorro - although they are all audience participation shows (unless he comes up with some new ones for this year). Music acts have been o.k. and Thomson show is as you would expect - pity they are not on one of the nights when you could catch a bus to Ibiza Town!!

My 13 year old daughter loves it at San Miguel and my eldest daughter who is now 18 has been three times with us and enjoyed it. If you go during school holidays there will be lots of others in the 14 - 18 age group. Outside of school holidays it tends to be much younger children.

This will be our fifth and (sadly) last year at San Miguel, having rarely gone to the same place twice before finding this beautiful cove- we have thoroughly enjoyed staying there but my husband is insisting on a change of venue next year.

I am sure you will enjoy it
Hi 8)

I believe Thomson are running 'Grid' this year at the Hotel San Miguel, which is for 13yrs and up. Haven't got the brochure, but I think it's to do with mixing music and Dj'ing. Last year, the teens seemed to be having a great time, looked as though they were included in most activites. 8)
Thanks for the replies :D It's looking good - been trying to decide between San Miguel and the El Greco in Portinatx, and although the El Greco has its own mini-waterpark there doesn't seem to be much else going on there compared to all the sports and stuff at San Miguel.
Still not decided whether to go for the Galeon or the Cartago or the Beach Club.
We booked a two bed apartment with Hotel Cartago direct which was much nicer than the hotel rooms and works out cheaper than a package holiday.

I haven't seen these apartments offered in the Thomson brochure, just hotel rooms, can you only get them booking direct?
We were staying at the San Miguel and my sister in law was staying at the El Greco but she came over to our hotel a few times :( to visit us, because she said the San Miguel was much nicer with better facilities etc than the El Greco.

I cannot comment on the El Greco as we never went to see her there :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.