Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
san miguel hotel
976 Posts
Kellycrooner - thankyou for that information!I can't wait now!just over 9 weeks to go!Is Stan there????

Jomac- Unless it has changed since last year, there were no cash points in puerto san miguel. But i am pretty sure there are some in the san miguel town. Good luck on getting everything ready for saturday, and please let us now how it goes.
Hi :D

Can anyone tell me if there would be enough at the Beach Club to keep a 13 and a 14 year old occupied here next summer, also an 8 year old. Been to Ibiza before but stayed at the Fiesta/Thomson hotels so there was always plenty to keep them busy.

Busy happy children make for a more relaxing holiday for mom and dad!

Thanks
Has anyone stayed in the adjoining rooms in the San Miguel hotel. As far as I know there only seem to be a couple and I was wondering what the view was like and how big they are.

Only 6 days to go :fly
Hi - as far as I was told - Stan is not there.....Kris from the Galeon is going to join the entertainment team
Jomac, there isn't a cashpoint in the resort, the nearest one is in San Miguel village, - about £8 return in a taxi.
The hotel reception will change travellers cheques but the rate is not very good.

Marie6319. keeping your 3 kids occupied should not be a problem. One of the hotel entertainers, - Ollie - is brilliant with the teenagers, and has always got something going on for them - beach football, killer pool archery etc. For the younger one there is the kids club and they can also get involved with Ollie and the older kids.
Can anyone tell me if there would be enough at the Beach Club to keep a 13 and a 14 year old occupied here next summer

I hope so!!! I'm taking a 17 and 14 year old next August - I booked this place because all the reviews I have seen said there is plenty going on.
Glad to hear the usual entertainment staff are back this year, I have heard so much about them, just hope they're still around next year too!
Hi - as far as I was told - Stan is not there.....Kris from the Galeon is going to join the entertainment team

Gutted that Stan is not there although he had said he wasn't going back - will probably give watching my better half playing volleyball a miss now and just stay on my sunbed!!! :wink:

Hope Kris is the tall one with the ponytail from The Galeon to make up for Stan's absence!!!
Miss San Miguel won't be the same without Stan in his nappy. I Really don't know who Chris is but like you Dylan, i hope it's the one with the ponytail!Then i won't be lying down as much!
I've got some excellant video of Stan in his nappy :D :D was watching it the other night :P :P , although also agree that if Kris is the one with the pony tail, I would be able to cope 8) 8)
Rest assured - Kris is the one with the pony tail.........................
Booked it at last . Will be there 19th Aug for 2 weeks . Going with Portland as they were the best price . Spent weeks on the internet and phone but they couldn't be beaten .
Hi

Just wondered, are these entertainment people everyone keeps mentioning working for Thomson or do they work for the hotels? Just wanted to know if there was entertainment put on by the hotel as well as the activites done by the Thomson team. Keep looking at booking but finding it hard to make that final decision.
Keep thinking of things to ask about this place! As it's all inclusive, can anyone tell me what the food is like? Stayed at the Fiesta Palm Beach and the Fiesta Club Don Toni in Playa De En Bossa the last two years and the food was fantastic, just wondered if it was buffet style with lots of choice. Kids usually end up with chips and something anyway!

Thanks
The hotel has a separate entertainment team in addition to the thompson staff....and the food is lovely so much choice and your kids won't end up with chips every night - Go on make that booking - you won't be disappointed and you will return just like every one else
Ohhhhhhh so lots of entertainment going on there then! :D

Well I said today we need to decide if we're off to San Miguel next year or off to Esperides Beach hotel in Rhodes, so far its 4 in favour of san miguel 1 for rhodes and 1 undecided!! :?:

Can someone put my sons mind at rest and tell me if the pool is nice and big at the beach club??

Remind me in future to book the hols and then tell them all after where we are off to!! :roll:
I think the beach club pool is plenty big enough, but everyone has different opinions. But there's plenty of other things to do there. There should be some pictures on their website http://www.sanmiguelresort.com :D
myonelove, thanks alot for that link, may have just swayed my sons decison in favour of San Miguel!

All we need to do know is decide what date to go!!

Looks lovely on the photos, do you know where the adjoining rooms are in the Beach club or are they scattered all over??

Thanks a lot for the link :D
Personally i have never stayed in ajoining rooms before, but i am sure if you do decide to book with the hotel, the travel company will be able to tell you this. I find the best times to go are during the school holidays, as there are more kids there, so that your own will not get bored at all.
Am considering this complex for summer 2007, for a family of 4, with 2 young teens. The best price I can get is for the Hotel Galeon Playa with Eclipse, so if I can use the facilities at the San Miguel beach Club and Hotel thats great.

I'm worried about space in the rooms though and think I read that you can book 2 bed/2bathroom apartments. Which tour operator do these as I don't really want to DIY?

I'm assuming the apartments are also AI. Are these apartments close/part off the Galeon Playa?

I'm a bit confused. :oops: Thanks to anyone who replies. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.