Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
san miguel hotel
976 Posts
Hi Lyn

I seem to be following you around the world (well Europe anyway :lol: ). trouble is my shortlist is a long list!

The reviews are still excellent, I am keen to go somewhere that will keep the kids entertained and will hopefully attract older children, and the idea of a 2 hour flight appeals. I know that San Miguel is small but we would probably have a car for the middle part of the holiday.

I did notice in the Thomson brochure that the Beach Club bit is only 2*, with both of the hotels being 3*, but I guess that refers to the rooms being basic, because the feedback scores are good and it seems the food is still good. :D
My friend stayed in the beach club and preferred it, said they were in the best spot.
Hi doepsmc - I think you can only book the apartments DIY but we have done so last two years with no problems. Pay deposit to the hotel by visa and the balance on leaving. Plenty of flights to choose from and taxis available outside the airport - the hotel will book a return taxi for you. I would recommend compared to hotel rooms as even though you don't spend much time in the rooms they are much more spacious and there are two bathrooms (we have two girls so this is important!!!!)

The apartments are next to Hotel Cartago (San Miguel Hotel) - accessed from the fifth floor of the hotel and you use the hotel restaurant (or any of the other eating places in the complex). I would say the apartments are 3*+ and have modern quiet air conditioning.
thanks Dylan :D

The idea of 2 bathrooms certainly appeals. :D You obviously like it if you have been 2 years running and the complex seems to attract repeat visitors which is always a good sign.

I have it in my mind that Skytours might do apartments that are connected to this complex, but goodness knows where I've got that from. I'll check.

I would probably be there the last two weeks in July and am worried that the pool surrounds will be really jam packed which is something my OH seems 'allergic' to :roll:. But I keep thinking that as there is presumably 2 hotel pools, a beach club pool plus the beach that should means there is enough space for everyone.
It depends what you class as totally jam packed. All the beds are taken, but there is plenty of room to move around. I highly recomend this hotel, as i am off for my 3rd time this year :D
Hi we are off to San Miguel Hotel in July (15 - 29), went there last year same sort of time, stayed in Beach Club and had best hol we have ever had! Pity Stan isnt there this year but glad to hear the others are, and looking forward to a drink or several down the Western saloon!

We are going with our daughter (14) and her friend, last year she made lots of new friends so we hope it will be just as good for the kids this year.

If anyone is going out at the same time give us a shout, would be happy to have a drink with you! xxx
Hi Katies 8)

we are at the SM hotel on the 10th July - 25th July, so will be there for 5 days before you, can't wait!! We have a 10yr old and an 18month old too, and also were there last year 8)
Hi Molliemoo!

You will be well settled in when we get there then! You will probably spot us....we will be the white ones with 2 pretty 14 year olds, one of whom will be saying, "you arent going to drink too much tonight are you, mum and dad?" :lol:

Cant wait to get there, with the lousy summer we have here so far I am soooooooo looking forward to a bit of sun!
We'll be the ones probably running ragged after an overactive toddler in an extremely bright coloured uv sunsuit!!!!! The day you arrive, we're hiring a car, so we'll only be around in the evening for 3 days. But afterwards we'll usually be found quite near the bar :roll: :roll:
Just to let everyone know that Zorro, Ollie, Kris ( yes the sexy one with the pony tail), Natasha and Jackie , are al there this summer doing the hotel entertainment.
Arrived home this evening after 2 weeks there.
Also all the Thomson crew are there for day and evening sports and activities. So between them there's plenty going on.
Can write proper review later after unpacked cases and done about 10 loads of washing JO
Hi Jo 8)

sounds like you had a good time, I'm looking forward to your review 8) .

Just 2 questions from me for now! Has the Western Saloon been done up? And do any of you smoke, and if so, how easy was it to buy ciggies, since I believe they've stopped selling them in the supermarkets?
Welcome back Jo you can post your review for the San Miguel HERE

Look forward to reading it. :)
Kath HT Admin
Sorry no idea if the western saloon has been done up. It looked ok to us. But then so does everything after a few of Jose's "special" drinks. No we don't smoke and did here of people having trouble getting cigarettes. Most got duty free on the way. Jo
The problem that we now have is that cigarettes can not be purhased at UK departure airports. Are there any smokers out there who have been to San Miguel this year who could let us know what the situation is?.
Only 2 and a bit weeks till we fly out on the 24th, and my missus will be crawling up the walls without a ciggie!!
We fly out on 26th June and hadn't realsised there was a problem getting ciggies. If push comes to shove it looks like we might have to do a cigarette run on the mini train to portinax as there is a tabacoonist shop there. Does anyone know if there are shops that sell them where the chemist is in San Miguel as my partner will be taking a trip there the day we arrive to get some tablets for my prickly heat. He will have to stock up there.
Hi All,
Just read a couple of comments that appeared on the main discussion forum page.
under the heading 'tobaco' posted by 'bird' there is an explanation about the sale of ciggies.
Under the heading of the seaview country club in port des torrents, there is a comment about inflatables being banned from the pool, and the author was told that this is a new Spanish law.
Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Hi

We were in Ibiza last year and we weren't allowed the inflatables in the pool cause they said there was a new law (the year before we had been allowed). We were told it was for our own safety, cause with all the inflatables in the pool they can't see if anyone is in trouble. Got the feeling there might have been a nasty incident. Wasn't sure if this was just a new rule at where we were staying (Club Don Toni) or a new law in Ibiza.
Got back from San Miguel Hotel today - will write a report soon. Regarding Fags- The shops over the road do single packs under their counter (very expensive) but the shop further down (oposite the club) do boxes of 200 and only a couple of euros more expensive than the tabaco shops. We went to San Miguel town once and searched everywhere for the tobaco shop, found it but after spending 6 euros for a cab back it works out cheaper from the shop by the club.

One other thing, the tobaco shop in Portinax is closed down.

Hope this helps. :D
ps

ibiza airport is completely a non-smoking airport not funny with a 3 hour delay
  • Edited by mobster 2006-06-06 19:31:05
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.