Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Babs, yes there is a train which is quick and easy to use. Hubby and I usually have a short break in la Carihuela which is just inside the principality of torremolinos although it's midway between the town and Benalmadena. The last time we were there we got the train for the first time. The station's just across from arrivals and there are machines at the entrance from which you purchase your ticket. The trains are clean and reliable and each carriage has an led screen showing which station the train's stopping at next. We're going back in April and plan to use the train again.
We got our hotel in Torremolinos at the beach and took the train to get to Malaga. It was super fast and easy conection and the train runs every 20 minutes.

In Malaga we discovered the historical old town on a Sightseeing Treasure hunt tour. It was an unique experience and I just can highly recommend it. We enjoyed it from start till end. There should be activities like that in other cities as well. Equipped with lovely designed treasure hunting material you go on the hunt in your own private group. It was just the best way for our family to see Malaga. Self paced, without rush and very entertaining due to all the fun riddles that come along the tour. Definitely a memory we will keep from our trip to Malaga and we highly recommend it to anybody else visiting that beautiful city.
On 15th July 2019 at 10:12am, Tamino said:
We got our hotel in Torremolinos at the beach and took the train to get to Malaga. It was super fast and easy conection and the train runs every 20 minutes.

In Malaga we discovered the historical old town on a Sightseeing Treasure Hunt Tour. It was an unique experience and I just can highly recommend it. We enjoyed it from start till end. There should be activities like that in other cities as well. Equipped with lovely designed treasure hunting material you go on the hunt in your own private group. It was just the best way for our family to see Malaga. Self paced, without rush and very entertaining due to all the fun riddles that come along the tour. Definitely a memory we will keep from our trip to Malaga and we highly recommend it to anybody else visiting that beautiful city.
Have been going to Torremolinos stayingat the Costa Lago (Now the Riu Club Hotel Costa del Sol) for years.
Twenty minutewalk into the town or you can get the bus which does a circle around all the
hotels to the bus station where you can get the bus to Benelmadena, Arroya del
a Miel, Mijas and Fuengirola.
Alternativeis a walk to the railway station at La Colino, (I remember walking through the
fields to get to it.(every 20 minutes) between Malaga and Fuengirola.For the independent traveller it does stop at the airport. Parque La Bateria (Battery Park), Los Bolichosfor the market, Play Mayor for some shopping or Malaga itself. Get off at Maria
Zambreno for buses and trains further afield.
We have stayed up and down thecoast but as we find the hotel and location to our liking and use the
bus/trainto venture further afield.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.