Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi we got to Corfu every year for the past 6 years, we stay in Sidari, which is a main strip of bars, restaurants, shops etc, after 10pm the bars turn their music up so if you want a bit of music its there, although most bars have tribute acts on, some which are brillient. The strip itself can be busy, not mad, just nice for families and couples, the quieter area of Canal D'mur which is about 5 mins walk away is more quieter, still bars etc and restaurants, there are quite a few of english run restaurants, all which are fab, the food is fantastic and the greek restaurants do english food as well, most have greek dancers on, our favourites are Memories and Three LIttle Pigs, loads to choose from, beach is very nice, plenty of water sports, canal area has coves as well, its worth a look at, we love it there, my son is 10, we meet the same families and couples every year, going back in August, we stay at The Lagoon Apts (lovely place to stay and staff are excellent here, been staying here for 5 years) its just off the strip, self catering, cause we love to go out every night, the restaurant owners are all lovely and welcome you.

HOpe this helps, ask any more questions if you need to.
same here we stayed in sidari and although the main street was busy and full of bars/restuarants at the back of the hotel the beach is so quiet.
we stayed at the three brothers and loved every minute of the holiday and we are not youngsters in our 40s :tup
Many thanks for your replies, went to Thomas cook and they have a really cheap deal to aghios gordios, what do you think of that resort? Thanks again Alison
Hi Sparky,

I'm a Corfu lover. We've been twice and are going again as a party of 8 adults in the Summer. We're going to Agios Gordios which after a bit of research have decided will be ideal for us.

There is some info here http://www.sebastians-taverna.gr/Aghios-Gordios.htm
Agios Gordios is a beautiful resort, great sandy beach with good Tavernas on the beach. For cocktails try Maddisons on the main street. Couple of late night/morning bars, Mikes Bar by the bus stop and Robins Nest again on the main street. Only 45 mins from Corfu Town by bus.

http://agios-gordios.net/
I agree...........Aghios gordios is a pretty little resort with a beautiful beach....If you do go please please dont stay in the all inclusive hotel the Aquis Aghios Gordios hotel - as this hotel is slowly killing the village................. there is some great B & B and self catering accomodation in the village along with some great tavernas and bars too...
We have booked independently with Stevens on the Hill after reading some excellent reviews. Really looking forward to returning to one of my favourite holiday islands. Let me think... :think ooh only about 14 weeks to go :)
Many thanks for all the great suggestions, we have just booked and got a good deal £250 pp self catering at the villa Mary, I know it's on a very steep hill, if anyone has any more information I would really appreciate it. Thanks again Alison
Villa Mary has great views of the village/sea. You should be fit as a flea after a week or so!! :) They only have a small pool but just down the road on the same side is Aloha Hotel who have an eco pool, no chlorine, with a nice pool/snack bar. after that you are on flat ground and on the main street with plenty of Tavernas on both sides and along the beach. Have a great holiday!! :tup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-7vAEqKItU
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.