Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Well I hope Helen will like Corfu because we're going on my recommendation. We do like the same things but I recommended Dom Rep a few years ago (which I loved) and she wasn't too fussed :( Helen, I hope you won't be disappointed this time or I can see us starting to pick different holidays :think
Holidays are what you make them, even when we have bad ones we can normally still come away with some great memories to go with the bad. I have been to a few Greek islands and love them all ;)
Don't get me wrong I still had a good time in Corfu, when I am spending so much money I make sure that I enjoy myself as much as I can and take the rough with the smooth. Just certain aspects of things make you think and with Corfu, I just thought there are so many better places for me to spend my money. Just my personal opinion and everyone is different, also it was a long time ago and perspectives change so maybe I would be willing to try another resort on Corfu.
Shirley I am sure that Helen will like it, it looks absolutely beautiful!
I once went to some self catering accomodation in England and the place was filthy, and also not what we expected at all, I promptly burst into tears. We were on the verge of coming home when we decided to make the best of it. I cleaned the place from top to bottom and we hardly spent any time in it at all. We ended up having a fantastic week as we spent our time touring around and doing things we would not normally do! So never say never. The funny thing with that accomodation was when we got home we found out we had stayed in the wrong place .(I know, hard to believe) The two places were down the same lane and it must happen all the time with people. We said our name when we checked in and they had a slight variation on our name and said it must be their mistake, they then charged us less than they had said on the phone (booked last minute) Well you don't say anything do you! We realised why, when we got home and saw the brochure they had sent us which arrived while we were away, much nicer than the place we stayed in! It was a funny story to tell to people later on
I have been to a few Greek islands and love them all

Me too Vic, I can't imagine me ever not liking a holiday on any Greek island :) :sun2 :cheers
Thanks Helen,
Have had a look at those and made a note of a couple. Liam especially likes Dinosaurs so a visit there may be on the cards, will see what the weather is like.
x
Cant wait for my trip to corfu, I have been there twice and im sure that Helen will love it! Stayed in the south and the north and found the locals and culture to be realy friendly, its like every country there are always bits and people that can let it down. You just have to be posative you could go to the same place year after year and each time your experience could be different, you only have to look at the difference in peoples reviews on hotels to see how variable holiday experiences to the same place can be. remember its what you make it.
Helen and Shirley,

Just to let you know we had a great time in Pembrokeshire, weather was really lovely, hard to believe I know, we were so lucky. One day on the beach in Saundersfoot we were down to our T-shirts while we had a lovely game of cricket, the sun was shining down on us!! We really enjoyed Tenby and also went to Heatherton (so thanks for that) great for us as they let the dog in and there were loads of things for my son. Would love to visit again so maybe in the summer next time.
We did think that we would have an awful time (husband wanted to cancel a number of times but I was determined to get my few days away) as the break seemed jinxed before we even set off. I mentioned that our car had died so we were planning on borrowing my Dad's car and get a newer one maybe after Christmas. Someone promptly crashed into my Dad's car and wrote it off (he was fine thankfully) so we had to get a new car before we went. My Mum was not very well, spending a day in hospital, but getting better now and the dog had a biopsy the week before on 2 lumps (they turned out to be fatty lumps) Then to cap it all on the morning we were setting off, after hearing that Pembrokeshire was expecting floods that morning (which it did before we got there) My son accidentally shut the back door (we were packing the car) on one of our chickens and broke its leg. Well that resulted in a mercy dash to the vets (I know) and having its leg strapped up. We couldn't have it put to sleep as my son was beside himself and they are lovely. Anyway, we set off about 3hrs later than we should of, stressed to the max leaving the poorly hen under my Mum and Dads care. Animal lovers will be glad to hear that Gloria has made a full recovery. So one holiday we certainly spent unwinding!
Steph, thanks for letting us know how you got on. You were certainly ready for that break- so many things going wrong for you. I'm glad that calm seems to have been restored by now :)
Hi Steph - glad to hear you eventually got to enjoy your break down in our neck of the woods. We have a night planned in Tenby for the beginning of next month, and I can't wait. A brisk walk round the harbour certainly blows the cobwebs away.
Any more lovers of Ag Gordios here? Now that we're into 2012 we can start counting down the weeks :)
Well what a small world! My friends sister just came back off her hols a week ago and she stayed in agios GOrdios the small resort in Corfu where myself,helent and Shirley's are off to in August! She had a fantastic time saying the beach is beautiful with stunning views of the sunset every evening. There is a lovely selection of bars and places to eat. There are quiet bars, music bars and some noisy places! Looks like we will be catered for whatever mood we are in :cheers
That's good to hear Amanda :sun2 :cheers Can't wait now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.