Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Mojacar Webcam
10 Posts
The website to view this camera is now on the following link. Please note the camera is suffering from freezing problems and a new one has been ordered, it works most of the time. John.

http://beachcombermojacar.com/beachcomber-webcam/
We're in Mojacar mid/late October. The Beachcomber is at the bottom of the street (across the road obviously) from our family apartment so will pop in with the kids for a drink and maybe a bit of food.

Cheers!
Hi Taxislag, thanks for coming to see us when you were in Mojacar and special thanks for the Tripadvisor review.

We are still having problems with the cameras (Three now) and although they are recording we haven't been able to get them out on the worldwide net. We are awaiting a static IP address which will help and a new computer on 24 hours a day to host it. Keep looking because the final result will be worth it, John.
John

You're welcome regarding the TA review. Thanks for the reply. It was our first visit to Mojacar even though my mum has owned an apartment there for 5-6 years now! (they are in Mojacar (again) as I type this) Having two kids close together put a stop to flying for a while due to all the baggage that comes with babies which is why we hadn't visited before, but now they're older we've started flying again!

I did walk past you one evening at the bar after we'd eaten (the night I had the steak) - you were busy tapping into your laptop! Next time I will say hello, I promise.

We're off to the Canaries for Xmas (again) but will be looking at popping over to Mojacar again later next year when the temperature picks up.

Cheers for now

Charlie
I am pleased to report the Beachcomber Mojacar Webcam is now operational and in fact there are three cameras. One facing north towards the Pueblo Indalo Wall, the second towards the Cabo De Gata which can partly be seen on a clear day. The third is situated inside on the Beachcomber's terrace and has a view of two of our tables and the paseo and sea outside.

Now for the temporary bad news. We are the first in the world to buy this security and webcam system and bother to find out why it doesn't work for most. My techy man Mark spent many hours testing the system and with the help of my website builder Darren has found the system at the moment can only be used with Explorer and only by a computer with a 32 bit operating system and not with what it appears most of us have, a 64 bit one.

Anyway Mark has been asked to explain the problem to the agents in the Netherlands and the makers in China and within a short while will (we hope) come up with some sort of patch to be able to view the cameras with other providers and the 64 bit O.S.

Anyway for those with a 32 bit operating system you can now see one of the best webcam views around the Med and for those without please keep trying and we will fix the problem asap.

http://beachcombermojacar.com/beachcomber-webcam/

John.
John

Just booked flights into Almeria for beginning August 2012. I'll pop in the Beachcomber again with the family and this time will say hello! See you soon!

Cheers!
Finally tested the Beachcomber webcams from back here in the UK. All working well and nice to see the sun shining.

Just over a week to go until we arrive. My brother is there later next week so I might ask him to wave to me from the webcam, lol.
Yes, just got them up and working in time for August, better late than never, see you soon I hope, John,.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.