Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I've never been to Lagos, but love Carvoeiro. Carvoeiro has a sandy beach with bars over looking it where you can eat or enjoy a cocktail or three. There are plenty of restaurants and shops and it has real character.
I suppose it depends on what you liked about Lagos. Carvoeiro is a fairly small seaside resort whereas Lagos is a much bigger seaside town. If you are just wanting a relaxing beach holiday, then Carvoeiro might suit you, but Lagos has much more to offer with its traditional old town and marina.
We've stayed a couple of times in Lagos and loved it. We've visited Caroveiro a few times for the day also, we've never felt we wanted to holiday there though as preferred Lagos. However we always have a car so tend to go out and about during the day so this may make a difference.
We've also stayed in Lagos and Luz visited Caroveiro a couple of times for evening meals (always have a car). I think it would be a pleasant place to stay, but it isn't as large as Lagos and the beach whilst picturesque is small. I don't think that it has the variety of beaches that Lagos has. It depends on what you need really to enjoy your holiday.

In my case I would probably be looking for a villa and they are all some way out of the village and I would be worried about driving into the restaurant area and getting parked as it looked a bit congested (not that it's easy to park in Lagos in summer either). But if you are going to pick a hotel or apartments that are fairly central that won't be an issue as you should be able to walk everywhere.

I do think it has character, lots of nice restarants and could make for a good place to stay. I wouldn't rule out staying there myself if I could get the right accommodation at the right price.

Doe :sun2
I would say Lagos, been twice and would go again, choice of beaches, nice town, plenty of bars and restaurants
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.