America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
NEW YORK
3 Posts
Ride the hop-on hop -off bus, either buy a one day or a two day ticket, it will give you a good idea of where everything is. Take some comfortable shoes as you may end up doing a lot of walking, though the subway is
easy to use.

I think the view from The Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center) is better than the Empire State Building, but if you decide to ride up to the top the ESB book your ticket on line before you go so as not to stand in the queue. If you don't have time to do the Statue of Liberty Tour ride the Staten Island Ferry, it's free and you will get a good view of the statue and a great view of the Manhattan skyline on your return trip. If you are quick getting off of the boat you will be able to ride back on the same boat (you can't stay on board).

Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge though in November it may be very cold so take some warm clothes. Depending on the date in November you may be able to see the huge Christmas tree at the Rockefeller Center.

You may want to stay near Times Square which is very central, though chaotic.

New York is a great place for a short visit which I hope you will enjoy.
i also agree we all enjoyed top of the rock much more than the empire state building....but it is the empire state building...hard not to do

Grand central station worth a visit also......New Yankee Stadium as well if you got sports fans in your family

trip to the statue of liberty and ellis island where the emrigation centre is to..well worth a visit

we stopped at the beacon hotel 5 mins walk to strawberry fields in central park...35 mins walk to times sq...was really nice plus a bus stop and subway stop really close..

http://www.beaconhotel.com

plus a lovely restaurant right next to hotel,food was really nice and very reasonable for NY...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.