Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi yes, there are 2 buses you can catch, the 473 that runs every 30 mins or the 477 express every hour (that one is the more direct one so is quicker)
Both run from Los Cristianos to Los Gigantes, your nearest bus stop is at the Fanabe shopping centre 5 mins walk away.
Try to buy a Bono card, this deducts a third off your bus fare, you put it in the machine as you get one the bus, put it in twice for 2 people.
Thanks again Vivien, your a godsend.
We were going to hire a car for a couple of days and visit Teide, Gigantes and Loro Park. If theres busues for the latter two, really cant see the point! I'm sure the hotel will have an excursion to teide
You will have to book excursions to both Teide & Loro Park as local buses to both of them are not very good (if not hiring a car) but trips are easy enough and there are plenty of excursion shops to book your trips with and will be cheaper than through hotel reps. Allow up to 2 hours to get to Loro Park though with all pick ups the coaches will do.
Dont know whether you've been to Tenerife before or not? but Siam Park (free bus available) is a must if you have a teenager, also the whales and dolphin trips from Puerto Colon - both within 10 mins from where you are staying.
Anything else - just ask ;-)
Thanks.
yes, we've been to tenerife, about 16 years ago, the hotel we are staying in was just getting built!!!
We did a sunset cruise to see dolphins and whales, we were not dissapointed, so have promised my son a one of these excursions. Googled siam park and that is deffinately on the agenda.
We are celebrating my husbands retirement (not a pensioner yet, but he's done his full stint with the police) so we will be pushing the boat out so to speak. Got a very full agenda so may not get any sunbathing done, I may need a holiday to wind down after this one.
I've emailed the hotel, asking if it would be possible for a free upgrade or a bigger room with a seaview to celebrate this, cheeky I know, but shy bairns get no sweeties.
Thanks for all your advice
You're very welcome.
You will see massive changes (all for the better) in 16 years. Siam Park really is good and there are loads of watersports from Fanabe beach near you, also lovely walks to La Caleta one way and into Los Cristianos the other. You really might not have time for all the excursions cos you will be needing a rest after the cruise anyway!
Our dentist has stayed in your hotel and absolutely loved it by the way.
Hi Vivien-Marie, do you know which is the nearest bus stop near Sheraton la Caleta to catch this 477? It's only hourly basis, from where can I find out the time ? Thanks !
Great advice ...we are thinking of trying this when we come in two weeks. We stay at Hovima Costa Adeje so hope a s bus top is nearby ...
Hi Jacqueline
Welcome to HT!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.