Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi, We have booked direct from the owner of the Waters Edge villa in Menorca, we have been to Menorca on a number of occasions and know where the villa is, it is near the platforms (man made diving/jumping platforms) a pretty inlet where you can snorkle, which are not too far from Cala n Blanes beach, it is a quiet location but just 15 mins from Cala n forcat the main town.
The Villas look very nice. We are going 1st September, there are 5 of us but we have yet to book flights I am still looking on the web.
x Dawn :D
We had friends stay in this villa last summer and it was beautiful. Snorkelling was great and villas brand new and very big.
It seemed to be a family run business direct from the owners from what I gathered, the personal touch definatly showed.
Jamieoliverfanuk
You should be able to get flights from Firstchoice for all 5 of you for about £850 to £1000 depending on where you fly from.
I can highly recommend this company -www.holidayvillasmenorca.co.uk We stayed in a villa in Calan Bruc last year and thought it was great. We booked with a tour operator, but whilst there we met the owner and found we could save almost half the cost by booking direct. we've booked three villas in September and are going with the whole family this time. Can't wait!

We've been going to Menorca for many years now, and these villas are by far the best quality/standard for the price you pay.
i have also been considering them,villas and areas look great,has anyone else got any other comments
cheers :glynis
I highly recommend Whites Villas (based in Nottingham) who are run by a really friendly and helpful guy called Bill - don't think he advertises on the net but he has a brochure you could request off him - I have his phone number but I am not sure if I can advertise it on here - no doubt they are listed on 118

He oversees a number of villas in and around the s'algar area and has always done me a great deal and it is a lovely relaxing resort

Nice 3 bedroom villas without a pool for £600 a week in peak season - we have stayed at J67 which is Bill's personal villa

2 bedroom villas without a pool for £450 a week in peak season - we have just booked b25 for next year which has a great balcony view on to the sea

Obviously these are cheaper at different times of the year - he also has villas with pools etc

He has an office in the resort run by a lady called Nina who is on call if you have any problems while you are there which is re-assuring to know

He also does you a great deal on car hire if you book a villa with him and the company he uses are very reliable and helpful

S'algar is a great resort for relaxing but close enough to anywhere you might want to visit - 15 minutes to Mahon

I have stayed with whites Villas 3 times in the last two years and have already rebooked for next August
Hi, Richard we seem to have something in common.I've been going to S'algar for twenty five yaers now and have been with Whites Villas ten or eleven times staying in 25b about eight of those your right it is in a superb position.Unfortunately it was fully booked this year for the weeks we usually go in june and Sept so for the first time ever we stayed in the Rafalet apartments in june because we didn't like the idea of missing out on our favourite place.we liked them so much we are going again in Sept.I totally agree with you the revice you get from Bill and his co workers here and inS'algar is topnotch so much so that I have become good friends with Nina who is a lovely lady and very help full.
Hi Mary

We have booked 25B for the whole month of August next year !!

Just love to be based in s'algar with a car because it is so easy to visit places but at the same time it is such a peaceful resort to come back to
Hi jpbfc,
Just saw this post and had to reply, we stayed with Holiday Villas Menorca in one their calan bruc villas this year in july and last year in august and LOVED it, we have also just got back from calan bosch where we stayed in one of their villas on a late deal which was lovely, in a great location and had everything we needed, we had a brilliant time. We have met the owner on several occasions now and found her to be really lovely and very helpful, we have already booked up for next year again, can't wait but i'm going to refrain from counting days just yet or i'll get very depressed!!
We have just come back from the Villa waters edge, Villa Tulipan and we were very impressed, it is a high standard and everything you need is on hand, the shops and bars are all walking distance and location is fabulous, we wil be going back.

Dawn :D
Well, i refrained from counting weeks/days until xmas had been and gone but i'm afraid to say i've started counting now! we're off for our main 2 weeks later in the year but have just got a good deal for a week at the start of May with holiday villas menorca again and can't wait so in exactly 15 weeks i'll be sat on the terrace sipping my wine and watching the sun set on the med once more!

anyone else counting yet? please tell me its not just me?!
I have been searching for a report on Holiday Villas Menorca for ages, and wooopeee have just found it. Somebody recommended these villas to me a while ago, and since then I have heard other people mention them, but before I go ahead and book, I just wanted to make sure.

Amanda, do you know if they provide welcome packs as we have a very late flight arrival, and is the check-in easy? I mean do you have to wait hours at a reception to pick up keys etc?

Do they provide bath towels?

Are they located anywhere near a supermarket to get some essentials? How far is the beach/sea?

We have had some not so good experiences in the past with James villas and really dont want to go through that again.

Thanks for any information you can give.
Friends of mine and very trustworthy - and yes bathroom towels provided
Hey,

I stayed at a villa found on mymenorcavilla.co.uk/ and I enjoyed it. The other's guys apartments look nice as well.
there are lots of good villas to rent right across the island. I'vd found the smaller firms to be very good
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.