Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Thats very bad of them!!
I would imagine that even if they didn't know about the closure (they dammed well ought to have known) - I knew about the closure and i'm not Thomson and neither am I going to Mexico this year!.
Bearing in mind they 'put you off' the Rui Palace, and persuaded you to choose the other hotel they ought to sort it out. I would go along to the shop and ask to speak to the original member of staff that you booked with and see what she has to say and then ask to speak to the manager if no joy. Remember not to raise your voice even though you may feel like it as I always find that being calm and collected gets you further.
Good Luck
we have contacted and they say as the tequila which we are staying in isn't the hotel being renovated then theres nothing they can do!! but they advertise the tequila as all inclusive use of the yukatan and playa car but they are renovating so cant use these now and i will be further away from the beach now stuck around a pool or if at the beach there will be noise from work being done and no drinks meals or facilities to use i feel i was misold this holiday we can change hotel but at a fee for admin charges and then the hotel costing a lot more and as we had a budget we feel tied i so wish now i had stuck with my 1st decision and not let them talk us in to this 1 i know i wont ever be booking with thomson ever again we had better service off teletext bookings and less hassle but we booked through agents as its our honeymoon im so angry !!!!
Have a look at Sandos Playacar. Beautiful beach- great restaurants. If you go for it- the adults only section is a must :D It is an ok walk from that section to the beach but in your case, there is transport from the lobby.
It does sound like you have been mislead- the person who advised you should have known about the closure. Don't give up
when are you due to go as my daughter is going to the yucaton in 2 weeks time ??? and have not been told they will be closed.
anyone got any info as to when they are closing.
Here's their email address Madasharley hotel.yucatan@riu.com

There isn't anything showing on their website:- http://www.riu.com/en/Paises/mexico/playa-del-carmen/hotel-riu-yucatan/index.jsp
madasharley wrote:
when are you due to go as my daughter is going to the yucaton in 2 weeks time ??? and have not been told they will be closed.
anyone got any info as to when they are closing.

It's not closing till mid April as far as I know.
thanks both yes it looks like its april for at least 2 months.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.