Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I would recommend Agia Pelagia ........... not from from Knoss and also only about 40 minutes from the airport....... a great choice of Tavernas and beach right on doorstep but we are the beach gets very busy with locals at weekend
been to AP we were not impressed but we did like Sissi bay [dont know if its changed much] but it still had that island feel when we last went, and some smashing tavenas at the harbour

yasus
wizard
Hi Mezza, the full combination of experiences you seek is best found in the west of the island. Base yourself within 10 km of Chania and you will be able to reach a classic combination of the finest beaches, magnificent mountains (inc the famous Samaria Gorge), traditional tavernas, great night-life and a real Cretan culture. It's less British than the east and in most areas you'll rarely see a Brit - plenty of cosmopolitan Athenians however! Ask people who've seen both ends of Crete and you'll only get one answer. Unless you want the questionable delights of Malia! Good luck with your choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.