Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
try manos apartments in elounda we really enjoy it there :cheers
as already suggested Elounda is nice. If you want a great combination of beaches, mountains, real Cretan life and big town fun then head west for the region in and around Chania. It depends what you want. It's all pretty good on the beautiful island of Crete.
As in another post i would recommend Asterias village in Piskopiano which is just up the mountain from Herssonissos (about a 15min walk).

Stayed there last year and couldn't pick out any bad points about this place.

Set in the middle of 3 villages with plenty of restaurants and 10 mins walk from a great Greek night in old Herssonissos this resort is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the town but close enough to walk to and enjoy.

Hope this helps.
Aghia Galini, on the south coast has beautiful restaurants and not too geared up for the tourists, it is very pretty but quite hilly. The shops are are joy to meander about, Plakias and Myrtle Beach also on the south coast but very quiet, Plakias has a constant breeze, which is a God send during the hot months, Elounda on the North East Coast is very pretty also, avoid Malia & Stalis these are for your 18-30 crowd, there is so much to see and do on Crete, I'm sure wherever you go you will have a lovely time, Yassou!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.