America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Niagara Falls
7 Posts
I have just done some research (hubby told me he had already done some) and I discovered that the Maid of the Mist only runs May-October so the trip is probably off. :(
Hubby has spent the afternoon online and has found lots to do around Connecticut and Boston so we will have plenty to do and see, plus we avoid the 8 hour drive each way to Niagara. It's disappointing that we on't get to see the Falls but we are going to visit my brother-in-law so we will get back some summer.
You'll have a brilliant time I'm sure Elaine & it'll be great to see your family. Have a brilliant time :tup Please let us know all about your holiday on your return :tup
We did Niagara in early April. We were in Toronto so no border issues. It was snowing and very cold. The American falls were frozen so very spectacular. Icebergs in the river below the falls keep the maids of the mists out of the water. The spray from the falls was frozen onto everthing and so all the trees, shrubs, fences and signs were a Winter wonderland of icicles and frost. Best thing was no crowds so you coud get up close and there were no queues for the tunnels below the falls. Got some great photos as well without lots of people milliing about in the foreground.
Niagara Falls is well worth seeing even without the Maid of the Mist tour. That wouldn't make or break it for me. However, you may end up short of things to do if the tours aren't running at this time of the year and it's arguably not worth an 8-hour drive if you can't take the tours.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.