Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
the atm machines are working, there is a daily limit you will need tocheck nerer the time. there is a limit how much currency all types you can take out ofthe country onleaving
We've been here 9 years and in that time our withdrawal limit on our bank account through the ATM has been €400 per day since we joined the Euro in 2008.

Since the banking crisis, that limit has been reduced to €300 per day.... Really, it's not a problem!

Removing funds out of the country was restricted to €1000 per person. Most holidaymakers I know don't even bring that amount with them on holiday!
Thank you for the replies, i usually take sterling, but did not fancy taking a lot of cash as self catering in the villa (not s/c though, do not do cooking on hols ) ........ going in September, hopefully it should still be warm :)
September is usually a very nice month. Still hot but without the humidity of the previous 2 months. Always a good time to come... So enjoy!
Were also going to Protaras September. I think were going to take a few hundred euros with us, and the rest in sterling to exchange on the island. Thompson kept going on about the cards you can load with funds rather than carry cash, I dont think we'll bother with that though. 12 weeks and counting............ :cheers
Derwentrocker wrote:
What dates are you going? and where you staying ?

Hi Derwentrocker, Sunday 22nd Sept flying out of Manchester, staying at the Brilliant Appartments again. :sun2
Ah, we go 12 th, those apts are lovely, have a super holiday
Derwentrocker wrote:
Ah, we go 12 th, those apts are lovely, have a super holiday

Thanks very much, same to you too. We've stayed at the Brilliant before the refurbishment and since, a nice hotel, and set back from the main strip away from the hustle and bustle. I think that this holiday will be more a sight seeing one, still some chilling time by the side of the pool, but also some trips we'd like to do. I usually hire a car whilst on the island, but I dont think for as long this time, Last. time I hired one for 2 weeks and spent alot of time north of the border visiting Famagusta/Nicosia, although we do intend to visit a couple of monasteries and villages up in the mountains.
Then ther's the good old water park at Ayia Napa, a good day out and a good laugh, even at my age at 52 :rofl
There's always so much to cram into 2 weeks, it's never long enough :cry although I know it'll be a fantastic 2 weeks :cheers

Have a great time Derwentrocker, as I'm sure you will. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.