Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
It may be down to individual company terms and conditions, but I think most would have a degree of flexibility and discretion. The parking charges may be calculated on a 24 hour basis from the time the car is booked in at on the day of departure. And so although you are due to return just before mignight, you may already be paying a charge through until the same time of day as you dropped the car off at the car park.

David :wave
cheers,
Thats what I was hoping,
At the time of booking it didn't ask when we wanted to get the car it only asked for a Landing time which for us is 23:25, Now with collecting luggage etc I'm sure it will be past midnight when we get back to the car!
But there was no other way of filling it in online so I can't see what they expect us to have done about it!
Cheers
in my experience of car park charges i think they give you at least a 2 to 3 hour flexibility over your "paid up" allowance.
This happened to us at Edinburgh airport last month. We had booked NCP, and were an hour later than expected, but nothing was said. It must happen all the time.
Ok thanks for the replies guys.
Off in about an hour!

Cheers
Car parking at airports is normally priced per calendar day - so if you are delayed and arrive back after midnight they have the right to charge for an extra day.

My (limited) experience is that they tend to be lenient about this.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.